Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
Well, we are finally moving toward completion of the Hot Rod Jamboree Plan Set. We've been remodeling part of our house all summer and just finishing up so it's back to toy designing. 

This plan set will include the three styles of hot rods and the trailer. The truck has a tow hitch which can also be added to the roadster and coupe. The scale is the same as the Rat Rod and Blunt Nose Carrier. And also is the same scale as the Super Hauler Car Carrier. 

We would greatly appreciate your feedback on this. It is always a great help to us as we plan a new design.

001.png  002.png  003.png 

Cometoz

Reply with quote  #2 
Looking great John - to my knowledge we don't have "rat rods" in Aust but that doesn't detract from these great looking models. I may be cheeky and use brass tube for the exhausts just to be different!
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #3 
I love them, John, they will look good with the rest of my rods.

I'll have to have them!

Looking good!!

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi John
I think that this set would be a fantastic addition to the other ones, the Blunt nose carrier, Rat Rod etc, and it would be added to my collection as soon as you release it.
You have asked for some feedback for this project so mine is in regard to the tail ramp.
Personally I would like to see the ramps hinged, either as two separate ones or just one the full width of the trailer.
I love watching your videos of you sketching as I think that you have an incredible talent and after watching your one on the wrecker/car transporter I would like to see these on your website in the near future.
Thank you once again for your praise about my Mercedes Trucks as it is giving me, as a newcomer to this wonderful hobby, a lot of confidence to do more.
All the best
Dave
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #5 
Another terrific set, John, I'm getting quite a backlog of "must builds"! I love the ramps, but do, slightly, agree with Dave about having a set hinged to the trailer.

Reply with quote  #6 
Nice set. I tend to agree with Dave about the ramps. 
As they are, I think they would get lost during play etc.

Cheers
Rod T

wwalker47

Reply with quote  #7 
I agree with Dave on the ramp. Perhaps you could make it like the Jeep Grand Wrangler and Trailer & 4 Wheeler. Or incorporate the existing ones and have then hinge over into the trailer.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #8 
This will be a nice set but have to agree about the ramp being hinged as for me I find that too many separate parts tend to get lost

Reply with quote  #9 
John, A flip-up ramp like you have for the Blunt nose Car carrier would be the way to go.  It would hold the cars on the trailer and have fewer parts to get lost! 
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #10 
John these are great additions to all the toy plans love um.[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
monsangra

Reply with quote  #11 
Just Brilliant workmanship.
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #12 
+1 on the hinged ramps. I'm ready to buy John! I really like the truck
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.