Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
I am having too much fun for an old guy! I'm really enjoying developing Sci-Fi toys inspired by the greats such as George Lucas' Star Wars, of course. The Fighters are all about 9" long and the Tram is 18" long. We're looking to launch this soon. The plans will include 5 original Fighters plus the Hoags Tram. They're super easy to make from common materials and will make great Christmas gifts.
PROMO GRAPHICS 018.png 
Scene 022.png 
PROMO GRAPHICS 022.png

john lewman

Reply with quote  #2 
This is the Sagittarius Fighter on the Hoags Tram with the Cosmos Fighter proto from the plan sets.
PROMO GRAPHICS 016.png    PROMO GRAPHICS 014.png 
PROMO GRAPHICS 004.png SF-001.png  SF-02.png  SF-05.png

TomDullage

Reply with quote  #3 
Great looking set John

Reply with quote  #4 
Looking forward to them for grandchildren
Thank you for all the work you do for all the great plans
here2184

Reply with quote  #5 
Where I can find the plans?
cynthia lewman

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi here2184,

We're working on the plans right now and hope to be launching next week. If your on our mailing list you'll get a notification. Use this link to sign up for our announcements and promotions: Subscribe to ToymakingPlans.com
john lewman

Reply with quote  #7 
We will launch the plan sets together in a week or so. The set will be $21.95 USD with a launch sale price of $14.50 by mail to our customer list. If you are not on our list just download  free plan from the home page and you will be added to the mailing list,

TTT2014

Reply with quote  #8 
John, Cynthia, and everyone,
    I purchased the plans and planning to make a few this weekend.  Very simple design and will make great gifts.
I do have a question.  On the Trav Fighter plan set I'm having some difficulty finding 1/2 inch thick boards that are at least 8 inches wide for part 6 which I call the wing panel.  Would like to use pine instead of plywood.  Anyone have any suggestions??  Any ideas are welcomed.
Thanks and will send photos once I have a few completed.

cynthia lewman

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi TTT2014,

We recommend using premium plywood that can be found at home improvement stores such Home Depot and Lowe's. They are also referred to as project panels. If you don't know where to find the panels in the stores, go to the customer service desk. They can help you find them in the store. We've found the 2' x 2' or 2' x 4' premium plywood panels make beautiful toys and the panels are inexpensive, easy to use and can also be purchased in standard thicknesses such as 3/4", 1/4" and 1/2".

You can also substitute 1/2" thick MDF boards (medium density fiber boards) available at Home Depot or Lowes. The boards also available in a variety of thicknesses and in 2' or 4' panels. MDF paints, stains and clear coats beautifully and would be perfect for these toys.

We're looking forward to you posting your photos!

Cynthia
TTT2014

Reply with quote  #10 
THANK YOU so much Cynthia appreciate the information as always.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.