Author   Comment  
Camnight

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys just thought I show you the finish plane, Ken I will get some pictures of how I do the monster wheels when I set it up it might help I am not good at explaining thing in writing with out pictures ha ha George

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 82, Size: 553.68 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 78, Size: 507.26 KB 

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi George
Thanks for posting the finished painted Tri-Plane.  The paint job looks great, and good way to go with the colors.  Red and Yellow will attract the kids attend ion.
   You know what they say; "A picture is worth a thousand words."  Take your time, whenever you get to it, I know it will be worth it.  I count on photos to tell people what I am trying to say all the time.
Thanks Again

TommyT

Reply with quote  #3 
George--it looks fantastic!

Reply with quote  #4 
Looks very nice . I think it would look better if you removed the screw from the prop and replaced it with a wooden headed dowel painted red .  Did you sand the model between each coat of paint ....it does help to get rid of the pimples that stand up after painting . The end result would be flatter .   [smile]    Just trying to help . Douglas
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #5 
George nice paint job on those they look great.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Camnight

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks guys. Douglas you are right the dowel wood look better and as for finishing my painting is not my best work. I am always in a hurry to finish the job,I will have to work on that George
Ceefa

Reply with quote  #7 
The tri-plane looks great George, and from the photos I don't see anything wrong with the paint job.
Camnight

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks Ceefa
Udie

Reply with quote  #9 
Camnight - Excellent looking Tri-plane, good choice of colours. Certainly an attention getter.
I am going to have to agree with Douglas about replacing the screw with an axle capped peg.
You could even flatten the head of the peg or contour it a little to look like a bullet nose.
Camnight

Reply with quote  #10 
Udie thanks,and Douglas idea with the axle peg is a good one and flattening the tip is also a good tip.Thank You George
Douglas

Reply with quote  #11 
Would like to see it again if you modify it George .  I know that you get excited when the project is nearly finished ,and you tend to try and get it on the forum quickly . Just remember you cant do a quality job fast .  I tend to work too fast too , but I am trying to slow myself down . Thanks for sharing Douglas
Camnight

Reply with quote  #12 
Douglas I will do another shortly with yours and Udles ideas thanks George
pdaunno

Reply with quote  #13 
Very very nice George!
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.