Author   Comment  
rdredge

Reply with quote  #1 
Here are some more things I finished this summer. With the cars I was experimenting with baking different parts, wheels, bodies, fenders to see which combination we liked best. As I think someone mentioned earlier, but I will repeat for those who didn't see it, bake extra wheels and even fenders as they come out in different shades and you need more to choose from to get four the same.

Also, when I made the airplanes I forgot about shrinkage, so my wings that had a tight fit before I baked them were loose after. I would suggest baking first and then go for the fit in the slot.

The small vehicles is actually the toy ornament set.

Hope you enjoy them!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 61, Size: 945.06 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 63, Size: 1.02 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 61, Size: 1.02 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 67, Size: 908.97 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 63, Size: 969.97 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Well done and well photographed. We would love to see some step-by-steps with the next projects you post. About shrinkage when baking wood-if you bake the woods first before cutting to shape you don't have to worry about shrinkage. The baked color goes all the way through the wood so you can cut and sand just as if it was formed that way on the tree! It's really amazing to experience. 

By the way, I like your presentation. It is well thought out. And clicking on the images to enlarge them allows us to see your excellent craftsmanship.

Thanks for the post. We love it.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #3 
These are very nice.  I like the little ornament set.  they are fun little pocket toys for the kids to carry around with them.
Cindy
rdredge

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for comments.

Wow!  I never even thought of baking the wood first, thanks for great tip!  I will do that with next thing I bake.  I really like how the baked wood darkens when coated with Cynthia's paste.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.