Author   Comment  
TommyT

Reply with quote  #1 
For the last few days I've been working on completing the LoBoy Trailer for my Dump Truck and 8 Wheel Bucket Loader..

I'll spray a few coats of Lacquer on it in the morning but other than that I'm finally done with this project.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSCN4092.jpg, Views: 87, Size: 81.60 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSCN4097.jpg, Views: 89, Size: 66.93 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSCN4099.jpg, Views: 79, Size: 58.29 KB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
TommyT - Good looking construction site set. A little late for Christmas but perfect for loading heaps of chocolate and jelly Easter eggs.
   Craft paint yellow is one of my difficult colours to get right, most of the time I need four (4) coats.
Your yellow looks nice, sharp and deep in colour. What did you use?
I guess I should also ask, did you prime before painting?
Camnight

Reply with quote  #3 
Looks good Tommyt nice and bright I like the colours you picked,well done.
Douglas

Reply with quote  #4 
Looks great Tommy .....I have a problem with the yellow craft paint too , I would like to know what you have used .  Douglas
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
Looks good!!!   Cindy
TommyT

Reply with quote  #6 
Udie and Douglas, thanks for your kind words.  I did not use a primer on this piece, but like you mentioned I had to give it 4 coats of yellow.  I bought this paint from a local craft store called JoAnne's Fabric.  I also buy my paint from a craft store called Michael's craft locally.  It is Arcylic Paint.  I don't know if they have those stores in Canada and the U.K.

Here is a picture of the yellow I used on this project.
IMG_1818.jpg

Reply with quote  #7 
You Did Good TommyT.
Nice cut and fit.
Looks like you cut the door out.  Did you cut the door and the fender or just the door?
   Paint job looks great.
Did you find any tips or hints that might help the rest of us while you were building this project?
Thanks for sharing.

TommyT

Reply with quote  #8 
Ken, yes I did cut the door and the fender both out, doesn't show in the picture very well.  Also, for some reason that I still can't figure out, I had to put a 1/2" dowel with a 1/4" whole around the hitch on the truck Without it, the trailer front was dragging on the ground and the tires wouldn't rotate  It was an easy fix, but I don't know why that happened.  Also the real bumper on the trailer is suppose to be almost as wide as the tires.  You'll notice that I had to cut mine, otherwise the it was rubbing against the real four tires.

One more slight mod I made was the real lights.  Instead of drilling holes and inserting dowels I used wood caps instead.

Thats about it.  [smile]

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.