Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 

A big "Hello" to everyone. This is my first Vehicle from the site and upon seeing it I knew I wanted to make it. These type of Vehicles have long been what I've wanted to make and now after accumulating several used pieces of equip. I'm on my way. I'm happy with the plans and the download was no problem at all putting on my I-Pad and sending them to my printer. I used Pine,Cherry and of course Oak for my vehicle and I've got the Chuckie's Cars in my sights to start next spring. Enjoy the pic--

Scroll Saw Magic Woody Wagon & Trailer

woodyteardrop_reduced.jpg

cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Bucko,
Nice job! Perfect workmanship. Thanks for posting!
Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
Bucko - Great looking job on your first vehicle. Perfect selection of woods used.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
Very nice, like the natural look.  Thanks for sharing. - Cindy
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 

Welcome to the forum! This is an excellent example of fine workmanship and a great photo. The mix of woods has added an artistic touch that is very appealing. We would love to see photos posted of the construction process.

Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you all for the reply post [smile], I want to add I used 4 coats of Satin Polyurethane finish. I didn't take any pics along the way of making the item but next time I will as I can see there's an interest for those here. Pic was taken as I was putting away the Bistro table for winter and now we have snow and teen temps here in Ohio. I work just outside my shed and I'm on a seasonal delay now unfortunately until a warm weather surprise.
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #7 
Bucko it looks great, nice wood choice.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #8 
Bucko,
   Nice work! The Woody and the trailer looks great! I am planning to built one soon and have already got the plans. 
Your wheels are beautiful - did you make them yourself?
What wood did you use? I like the contrast.
Are there any potholes that I should be aware of?
Regards
Dolf
Bucko

Reply with quote  #9 
Thank You Dolf for your post on my vehicle. If you look at the plans you've gotten I used Pine for the center 3 sections and the outer frame is Cherry and the doors and fenders are Oak. As far as potholes go I can tell you to pay very close attention to your drilling of holes for all lights as you need them to look even when viewing the vehicle from front or rear. I was very aware of this and I really slowed down and used my Arc Dividers to lay out the punchmarks for drilling. Overall the plans worked very well,and don't forget to put in the steering wheel at the correct time [smile] The wheels I purchased at the attached link below. Thanks once again and enjoy your project. http://www.caseyswood.com/shoppingcart/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=icpr9n2ib7tc384ioqi7atkfn4
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #10 
Bucko,
   Thanks for the information and warning, which is very valid. I am also battling with this. Did you not find the wooden inlay work a challenge ( the  woody's doors and the window panels in the trailer)?
   I personally like to work with cherry wood. It does not splinter easily and it is easy to get a smooth finish. It is a nice wood to use for the making of wheels.
Regards
Dolf
Bucko

Reply with quote  #11 
Yes on the challenge of the doors and windows, I actually backed away from working on them several times so as not to hurry. Overall in my spare time it took me 3 weeks to do the doors/ windows. My next vehicle , Chuckles Rocket Rollers cars will be from the site and I'll turn the wheels on the lathe, I'll use some Cherry as you mention for those.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.