You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment  
Willem

Reply with quote  #1 
Two wooden fishing reel toiletpaper holders that I have build.Fishing reel oak.jpg  Fishing reel.jpg  
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
What a great woodworking project and flawless workmanship. Thanks for sharing. Your plans?
Willem

Reply with quote  #3 
John you sometimes give all of us some free plans. It is with pleasure that I share this plans with the members.
The photos is not so good but this was the way I downloaded the plans years ago.

Attached Files
pdf Fishing Reel TP Holder.pdf (3.65 MB, 89 views)

Greg

Reply with quote  #4 
beautiful work [thumb][thumb]     thank you for the plans[biggrin]
A World of Wood

Reply with quote  #5 
Very Cool! Thanks so much for sharing the plans.

Reply with quote  #6 
It looks great and every fisherman will want one!

But now i have to ask....as a woman who is often tasked with bathroom duties...how the heck do you put in a new roll of paper?
The exploded view in your diagram scares the heck out of me to think it takes 15 minutes to put a new roll in.
The top view of your photos looked like one could just drop in from the top, but there is no finger space to insert the (usually springy) roll core. I guess you could compress the springy core and slide it down the wood sides? But the only way to remove a paper roll it would have to be empty so you could get your fingers in there?
Or is no core used at all?
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #7 
The center spool is spring loaded the same as most bum fluff holders
Willem

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Lexie! Attached is some photos of how it works.
Picture 1: Spring loaded.
Picture 2: I have added 2 wooden wheels, both are the same outside diameter according to the diameter of the cardboard roll inside the roll. I have used a hole saw to cut the inner holes so that it fits over the plastic spool. I just made it so that the toilet paper roll rolls off evenly and dont get skew when you roll the paper off.
Picture 3: Toilet paper roll with plastic spool inside it.
Picture 4: You just press the spool inwards and guide it towards the holes in the reel.
Picture 5: The roll is empty now you can easily reach the spool to press it together and slide it out.
Hope this was helpfull.
Greetings
Willem. Explanation.jpg

Peter V

Reply with quote  #9 
Hello Willem,

I am not Lexie but I don't understand the working; up till point 4 I grasp but how do you put a new one in when the paper is finished? Is one of the sides of the fishing reel removable?

Peter V
Willem

Reply with quote  #10 
When the toilet roll is finish it will appear as in picture 5. Then you press the spool, which goes inside the toilet roll and is springloaded, to one side, which will remove the point of the spool (pic 1) from the hole in the side from the side of the reel then you just slide the empty roll together with the plastic spool out of the reel. Reload the plastic spool, press it together and slip it in between the sides of the reel and push it backwards until it reach the holes in the side of the reel and they will automatically clip in the holes.
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #11 
Haa haa great idea love it. thanks for sharing the plans.[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us