Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

This is the Floating Chris-Craft + 1934 Jaguar Coupe. What a nice project I loved making this one.

I usually do a mod or two on my projects, but on this one I did none. Except I just had to add the leaper on the bonnet. I owned a Jag once and I think a Jag just isn’t a Jag without the leaper.

I thought the Chris Craft came out very well. I just had to stain the whole thing except the seats. I didn’t use the ballast, I don’t see myself putting into the water.

Thanks for lookin’ 100_4887.JPG  100_4888.JPG  100_4889.JPG  100_4890.JPG  100_4891.JPG  100_4892.JPG 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Wow! I love this. You did a beautiful job. The colors and wood tones go well together and I admire the choice of woodgrain on the speed boat. The plex windshield is awesome.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #3 
I love it.  I have one cut out forever and have never finished it.  You have inspired me to get back to it.  I really like the look of mahogany (?) on that boat.  Also the paint on the car with the natural in the interior really makes a nice looking car. 
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
Nicely done Bill, you've done a great job on your fit up of parts on this build.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #5 
Well done
👍🏻👍🏻

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Actually the whole boat was made of Baltic Burch Plywood except the seats and engine cover. The wood grain did com out well, I used a dark walnut stain on top and bottom and a lighter stain for the sides. I also thought the boar could use a clear windshield. I'm working on the 1912 Barney Oldfield and will use the clear windshield on that one as well.

Thanks again.

My saw is a DeWalt788
BadBob

Reply with quote  #7 
wwalker47, I'd love to see some details on how you make your plastic windshield.
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

wwalker47

Reply with quote  #8 

Bob-

I made the windshield from very thin Plexiglas. I got with some CD-Rs I bought and 2 clear ones came in the packaging.

Anyway I put blue painters tape on both sides, put spray adhesive on the windshield pattern and put on the blue tape and then put clear packing tape on the pattern. The tape is important because it will add lubricant to the cutting without it the Plexiglas might melt back together. I used a #1 blade.

I then sawed the appropriate width and angle to put the windshield into.

Thanks,

My saw is a DeWalt788
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.