Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

This is the Food Truck I did in half scale. Making this was a lot of fun.

Even though the wheels for the half scale should be 1” I used 1-1/4” and it doesn’t look too bad.

The toughest part of the whole project was the cloth hinges. The side panels that raise on both sides came out to be 1/8” thick and much to thin for the cloth hinges. Since I do not have any little ones playing with my toys I used painter’s tape, you can see the blue shining through, but it worked.

I decided not to paint this one. I think the stains came out OK.

And as always thanks for lookin’

Fast Foodie & Delivery Trucks

100_5026.jpg  100_5027.jpg  100_5028.jpg 100_5031.jpg  100_5032.jpg   

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Connie

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice! I like the contrasting light and dark stains. The rescaling turned out well. We’re there any tricky areas of rescaling?

I love how the plans have moving parts like the sliding doors, windows that pop open, etc All so clever!
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, Connie, there was no problems getting the half size plans. The only tricky bit was the hinges that I mentioned. I though John was very clever about the windows that pop open and the way he propped them to stay open.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #4 
I love this plan and your scaled down version looks amazing. I to like to customise and rescale these plans as its great fun and I like to be different...
Lexie

Reply with quote  #5 
Nice job, this is one of the plans that drew me to this site. I am not yet building toys but have been collecting ideas and free plans for 2 months now (and setting up a garage work bench). I have quite a collection of ideas to make next month. I have limited tools but good enough to start basic toys and wheels for family gifts and if i progress quickly..make a few to sell.
And never ever apologize for making toy parts that are 1 1/4 "size or larger. As you may know that is the minimum size safe for children under 3 to prevent choking hazards a set up by our government child protection agencies. Even if a toy is designed for a 6 year+ old child or adult decor...always plan that a toddler wants that toy and will be in danger of small parts even if it was clearly labeled "Designed for ages 6 years and above".
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.