Author   Comment  
Santaself

Reply with quote  #1 
F-1504.jpg  F-1503.jpg  F-1502.jpg  F-1501.jpgHere is my take on the Ford F150 truck. As I don't paint my toys and these are for kids to play with, I make them colorful by using lots of different woods. The side panels are dark mahogony over a lighter mahogony, yellowheart for the hood and top, oak in the truck bed and tail gate, cherry for the frame, leopard wood for the grill, walnut for the splash guards, purple heart for the seats, wenge for door handles and zebra wood for the bumpers. For the tail light, I put in paduak and in the headlights, I put in maple. You can't really tell from the pictures, but the seats have routed cushion details and the truck bed was routed to simulate the ridges in truckbeds. 

Santaelf

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Very Impressive and skillful work, all the woods blend together to show great features of your build. How's YellowHeart to work with, I've been wanting to try some on this type of project?
Peter B

Reply with quote  #3 
Loving it
The wheels look awesome
xihunter

Reply with quote  #4 
I love the wood combination!  It makes for a very nice, sharp looking truck![thumb]
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
This is absolutely stunning and we all love it! Fantastic workmanship and a very artistic build. I bow to you!
Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #6 
Wow! Love the contrasting woods.

Reply with quote  #7 
great looking truck, the woods used do make it stand out. how did you get the wheels so black.

Reply with quote  #8 
This is great, I love all the different timbers. Especially the Leopard wood grill, I have never seen or heard of this species before.
Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Rod T
ctowne

Reply with quote  #9 
Very nice.  I like the natural wood much better too.  You sure do have many wood choices in thin stock, very lucky (maybe you cut it down yourself). 
Cindy
cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
Stunningly beautiful, David!
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #11 
Wow very nicely done. [thumb]

Thanks for sharing your build.....

Reply with quote  #12 
What a beautiful truck! Very neatly done with a lovely finish! I love the contrasting woods which really stands out. I do not like to paint my toys and prefer the natural wood colours.

Well done!

Regards

Dolf
Tony

Reply with quote  #13 
Very nice wood selection

Tony

Reply with quote  #14 
All I gotta say is Wow! Mine is under construction as we speak, but it will be painted black with a grey interior. I'm trying to figure out in my head how that is going to work. How is the connection between the roof and the sides holding up?
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #15 
Very well done.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.