Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #1 
I thought I'd throw some painted versions into the mix, let me know what you think!

formula one colours 1.JPG 

Camnight

Reply with quote  #2 
They look good muskomike nice colours and wheels. George
Banjo57G

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Muskokamike,
Very nice job and great colours.
Cheers Graham.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice.  I like the extra wide tires.
Cindy
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #5 
Good job, Mike, good job. I can just see them racing at le mans now.

-Bill[013[1]]

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the comments....I went to the dollar store to see about getting some stickers to decorate them, like numbers or letters or something...pfffft NOTHING...what's going on? Are stickers out of vogue now?

I'm trying to find ONE lego person so I can start making these vehicles to fit them.....lego only sells them in packs of 20...I don't want 20, I want ONE lol....I'm asking my friends who have kids if they have any and "borrow" one haha.....
Udie

Reply with quote  #7 
Muskokamike - Both look really sharp.
Sleek design, great colour, wide wheels with recessed hub area really supports the design.
After seeing your glue-up jig for these cars,  large quantity builds looks like an easy task allowing you to finish them with all kinds of colour combinations making each one quite unique.
Thanks for posting.
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #8 
I'm going to look at trying to get the wheels to roll more freely. I remembered way WAY WAYYYY back when hot wheels first came out. They had a promo where you bought one, entered a race (they had the orange track set up) and if you won x number of races they refunded the purchase price of your car....I was thinking of doing the same...if you buy one of these, setting up a track and if you win the most races say, in an hour, you win a play pal of your choice....
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #9 
I like your marketing strategy!
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #10 
Good Idea Muskokamike
Let us know how it works.
Good Luck.

Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #11 
yeah, I dunno about doing it....that means making a track, a flag system at the end to determine who crossed the line first, then bearings etc to make the wheels spin freely enough to roll down a track......

What I need to do is add some of that spray on non-stick surface lubricant Clark Griswold developed lol.....
ctowne

Reply with quote  #12 
I wonder how many kids would know the clark Griswold reference - it sure worked on the sled.  lol
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #13 
I wondered if any ADULTS would get that reference...that movie's a staple at Christmas.....
Udie

Reply with quote  #14 
Muskokamike - Take a look at Dave Szczepanek's WTN (Wood Toy News) article June 15/13. He has made some great mods to the plan set as well as designed a modular system for building and elevating the track.
Dave has another WTN where he again designed modular buildings for his play sets - it's quite a great way to make buildings of any theme. I think you will enjoy that article also.

Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #15 
that's a cool layout...gave me an idea too...just a piece of 1/2" plywood with rails added to the sides, off my display table. The tabs to launch the vehicles is nice and simple too....

Now to see if mine will actually roll under their own weight lol....(those wide tires are quite errr roll resistant!) I found some 1/4" ID ball bearings at banggood.com 10 for $2.00 lol....knowing me I'll add the bearing, put some fishing weights inside, add some Clark Griswold lube and the cars will shoot off like a rocket and last be seen rolling down Hwy 11 towards Bracebridge lol......
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.