Author   Comment  
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #1 
I just love this plan set, It does what it says, ( quick and easy ).

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: A17B0226-0CF3-432B-8D9C-5A6BAD689F16.jpeg, Views: 72, Size: 325.61 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 7877334B-CF80-4CE6-BB88-1BEB6652B479.jpeg, Views: 68, Size: 333.96 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D5A91B71-8B2D-4ACB-B79B-C1CFD7BBF9E4.jpeg, Views: 55, Size: 4.58 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 28C71ED5-4354-43A7-9BDB-3CDDAF03E900.jpeg, Views: 54, Size: 3.44 MB 

cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Richard,

I was so excited when I saw your photos! Fantastic! Your little boy is so darn cute and he's obviously enjoying his new toy [smile]

I've been studying your photos since I love your combination of raw wood and paint. Subtle yet highly dynamic and sophisticated! I can see you used resin for the windows, but is the windshield also resin?

Thanks for posting!
Cynthia
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Cynthia, Its my Nephew Alfie, he is my toy tester. He is always excited to receive a new wooden toy. The front windscreen is resin, but I used too much pigment, so it's a little too dark, buy Alfie loves it anyway. A big thank you to John for a great plan.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #4 
Looking good..

john lewman

Reply with quote  #5 
These wood toy airplanes are the finest! And I love what you are doing with color and the clear plastics. Genius.
harry

Reply with quote  #6 
I think the darker window is great, kind of reminds me of car windows that have been tinted. Colour variation is also good
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #7 
Great work on that one .[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #8 
It's 21.26 and I've just come back from the workshop (shed), very excited, I have just cast my first resin wheel, If all goes well, I will explain the madness behind this.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Richard, I wonder if you can mold a soft rubber tire out of some material. Do you have any thoughts on this? Maybe it could be molded around a rigid wheel?
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #10 
That might work John, I presume that I would need to do the exact opposite, ie: a hard resin Mould and pour in the rubber, where as now I have made a Mould with silicone rubber and then cast using polyester resin, I am not sure weather you can colour the rubber with a pigment dye. I will check out my resin wheels in the morning and post some pics.
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #11 
John you are a genius, that is an awesome suggestion, please check out my posts in the How to do’s forum. It turns out that I can buy polyester casting rubber from the same supplier and cast in the same silicone mould and even coulor using a pigment dye.
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #12 
Sorry not polyester it’s polyurethane.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks for the genius vote Richard, but you are the genius for thinking this through for us. I am really excited about the possibilities. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.