Author   Comment  
Tony

Reply with quote  #1 
I changed the fenders with a router and round over bit. I also use dowels to place and secure the fenders. Thanks for looking Tony

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 109, Size: 1018.82 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 105, Size: 1.06 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 95, Size: 1022.92 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 92, Size: 799.15 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 92, Size: 1.00 MB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Tony - Good to hear from you again and showing some more of your excellent craftsmanship.
The fender on these Freaky Fords really blew me away, nice job.
Now, you said you used a round over on them - did you take a couple of photos of doing that on the router.
I am going to guess the router was mounted to a router table.
My real question is how did you physically hold the parts when routing?
Your natural wood Freaky Fords look fantastic also.
Thanks for posting.
Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
Tony - I forgot to ask you about your chrome moon hub caps. What did you use?
They almost look like large upholstery tacks. Great look, love the reflection in them and perfect for the time period of the cars.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
I really like that rounded over fender, what a good look on the car.  The rounded fenders almost makes it feel like a Jetson's car.  Great shiny paint job.  I like the natural wood versions as well.  Thanks for sharing.
Cindy
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #5 
I like the look of the rounded over mudguards makes the cars look a little more sleek well done

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the compliments. Udie yes those are upholstery tacks. I drill my fenders so they are easy to attach to the cars which also holds them on the jig.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 50, Size: 771.64 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 53, Size: 865.02 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 51, Size: 818.84 KB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #7 
Tony - Now it makes sense. When I was looking at the forth photo I was asking myself "what is he up to with the four extra holes" - now I know.
 Must repeat myself - your fenders look outstanding. I am going to have to copy your method and now that I know what jig you made for routing them I'll have to give it a try.
 The jig itself looks like something I can use for routing many small parts that way safely.
Thanks for posting.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #8 
Looking good Tony. Thanks for sharing the jig info .....

Reply with quote  #9 
I like the rounded fenders.  I have that book and plan to make these one of these days ...
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.