Author   Comment  
Whisky1947

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

any suggestions as to how to match the curves at back and front of the Freightliner  trailer top and bottom with the sides,

I thought about a router for the top and bottom - not sire how to do match the sides though,

regards

whicky1947
toolow

Reply with quote  #2 
I would use a round over bit in the router and hit all the edges to get the radius then  good old sandpaper to round off the corners created from routing.  Do the ends of the trailer first so you don't get much tear out which usually cleans up when you do the sides.
Whisky1947

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Toolow,

Thanks for the advice, will let you know how I get on,

Whisky1947
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #4 
When I made the trailer, I used the method that toolow described, but cut the round over in the top first.  Then I used the radius from the top to mark the same radius on the sides. Cleaned everything up with sandpaper after glue-up to make sure the radius was smooth. freightliner_1.jpg    
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice looking truck!!!  Nice detail on the wheels. 
Whisky1947

Reply with quote  #6 
Yes it does look great - how have you made the 'glass
' in the drivers door Windows etc - is it jblack paint ??
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks!  The windows are painted black with silver on the edges.  I used acrylic craft paint and then sprayed everything clear afterwards.  The finish didn't turn out that great on this one though...for some reason I've had problems with streaks with the red acrylic paint. Have tried a couple of different brands with the same result.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Jason, This is as fine a freightliner wood toy truck as we have seen on the forum. We look forward to seeing a lot more from you. Feel free to post as many photos as you like on any of your projects. And upload as big a file as you have for each photo. The forum software automatically makes it the size for the post photo. That way when a reader clicks on the photo in the post they will see it pop up full size on their computer screen. We have unlimited storage on the forum so post away!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.