Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
One of the first plans I downloaded from this site, but it slipped down the to do list for a while! Grandson Aaron, 7, decided this was my next project. He is making quite a list for me!
Made from a mixture of MDF (trailer) and Basswood (most of the tractor unit).
Stripes were applied (a little off line!) using 6mm pin striping tape, but I may have to glue the ends, as they are showing signs of lifting.
The wheels are from some scrap pine, centre cut with a forstner bit, then the outer diameter with a hole saw, finally the wheels are then removed from the blank on my small bandsaw and sanded on the drill press.
 This was a fun project and Aaron is very pleased with the finished truck.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: D75_2274.jpg, Views: 62, Size: 384.08 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_2275.jpg, Views: 58, Size: 358.36 KB 

Cometoz

Reply with quote  #2 
Always good to have your priorities set by the end client my friend .. Great job!!

Tony
Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
Sure presents a quality look.
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Tom
What a fantastic looking truck I love the finished colours, I can't believe it's made from Basswood, Pine & MDF.....
I'm looking forward to future grandkids giving me a "to-do" list lol
All the best
Dave
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Tom,
What a masterpiece of a wood toy truck. This is beautiful and the photos are stellar. Wow!
dmjones

Reply with quote  #6 
You know, the grandkids are always going to come in first. Truck looks really good.[biggrin]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.