Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
I've just completed a couple of these fun cars, one as a take apart and one as a coaster. I had a bit of Basswood, which made a good main body, then just used what else was to hand to finish them. Wheels are pine for the take apart and elm for the coaster.
The fenders are only 5/8 inch, rather than 3/4, as that's what I had (a bit of scrap beech).
The rather large spoiler on the coaster was added to cover up an unsightly split in the wood, which I thought I'd avoided when laying on the pattern! Unfortunately, the split went a bit further than I had thought, hence the mod!
I haven't decided whether to paint the coaster, or wax it. I suspect my grandson would like some bright colours!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: D75_1700.jpg, Views: 42, Size: 327.68 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_1701.jpg, Views: 43, Size: 306.94 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_1669.jpg, Views: 40, Size: 388.37 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_1671.jpg, Views: 43, Size: 382.35 KB 

Tony

Reply with quote  #2 
Great ideas, love both of them

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
Wonderful work Tony. These are real keepers and I love the craftsmanship and the excellent photos. The puzzle car is cool but the addition of the spoiler really makes a cool touch.
mlusk123

Reply with quote  #4 
I like it. Looks pretty cool. 

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 
Disabled Vet Woodworking Hobbyist

dmjones

Reply with quote  #5 
I really, really like what you did with the puzzle car! So creative.
mlusk123

Reply with quote  #6 
I must agree! These are puzzlific !!!!!

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 
Disabled Vet Woodworking Hobbyist

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.