Author   Comment  
craigrozema

Reply with quote  #1 
Just thought I’d share. I’ve found this tool invaluable to gluing up toys and other small projects and leads to minimal glue waste https://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Babe-Bot-Ounce-Glue-Bottle/dp/B0006IUW9U/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545446718&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=babe+bot&dpPl=1&dpID=41491VPVT7L&ref=plSrch

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: F049D72E-10E7-4384-A54B-EB32D7E331AF.jpeg, Views: 27, Size: 319.26 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 2D3F5218-878E-42A2-B2B7-87284BE0993F.jpeg, Views: 27, Size: 226.39 KB 

AES

Reply with quote  #2 
I've seen those advertised by vendors this side of the Atlantic too. But do they really work? I've not tried those, but with all other "dispensers" I've tried I end up with blocked nozzles, and/or with dried glue stuck to the inside of the top of the bottle - it happens to me whether it's the bottle that the glue came in from the shop AND with other things I've rigged up myself to try and prevent this problem.

Up to now I've settled on a VERY cheap plastic jug (about half pint size), which comes complete with a poring lip, a snap on plastic lid (more or less airtight) plus a plastic clip on the outside of the handle into which you can clip the handle of the small "paint brush" that also came with it. I think it was originally intended for kitchen use (brushing egg yoke onto pastry, for a glaze, etc) but it works "kind of OK" in the shop.

But it's not brilliant by any means, simply the best ("-ish"!) thing I've tried so far, hence my question about your "glue pot" craig.

BTW, I'm talking about white wood glue (PVA) here when I say  blocking up nozzles and drying on the side of the bottle, etc.

craigrozema

Reply with quote  #3 
ive really not had a problem with it. but the tips are replaceable and are fairly cheap ( https://www.fastcap.com/product/babebot-highbot-tip-blade-5-pack ). but with this thing it sucks the glue back down into the bottle once you stop squeezing.  so you put the glue where you want it in the quantity you want and then just spread from there. they make larger ones too for larger jobs.

AES

Reply with quote  #4 
OK, thanks for the info craig.

BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
I have both the Glue-Bot and the Baby-Bot I have had all sorts of issues with fast cap glue bottles. The tips get clogged easily. The plastics they are made of degenerates and breaks. I have had two lids split for no apparent reason. One of these had the glue dry up in it. The keeper strap/tube fell apart. You can't clean the bottles. If the glue goes bad or you want to change to a different glue you need a new bottle. To Fastcaps credit, every time I told customer service about a problem I got a package in the mail with replacement parts and once a new bottle with spare parts.  The last replacement was a Baby-Bot. I haven't taken it out of its bag since I received it months ago. I probably never will. The larger bottle is currently soaking in vinegar trying to get the dried up glue out.  Meanwhile, I debate whether I want to tell FastCap about this or toss it all in the trash
Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

AES

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks very much for that input BadBob. As said in my post, I've tried all sorts of bottles & caps/tips but never had complete success - fine when new but they all clog too easily and are quite difficult to clear properly. Hence my interest in these Fast Cap bottles & tips. But based on your input it sounds as if my "jug n brush" set up is, for me anyway, the way to go.

I do still get some wastage (dried glue) but it's easy to clean the jug, and by using different size brushes I can get the glue into any space I need to. I just need to remember to rinse the brush out well with water afterwards (but they're real cheapo brushes anyway).

And if it's any interest, to add to my original post, I also bought a "floppy spatula" thingy, again originally aimed at cooks I think. Made of some sort of silicon/rubber/plastic stuff. Ideal for spreading glue on large surfaces (e.g. when laminating 2 boards).

Thanks

BadBob

Reply with quote  #7 
 I should mention that I have some other FastCap product that I'm quite happy with. 
Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.