Author   Comment  
kenbod

Reply with quote  #1 
Just finish my reduced size  Horse.

Reduced to 75% on plans  Only used 3 pieces  of 3/4" stock for main body, legs and runners were reduced to 1 1/8" stock as 1 1/2" looked too cumbersome.

Added a couple of embellishments to head.

Very pleased with outcome.  should suit a 2-3 year old. added extra platform for ease of getting on, now realise no footrests, wait to see how grandchild copes before deciding what to do.

I think I may add a platform to the 1890 model as well as quite a step up for the younger ones.

Planes easy to follow, timber used was 5" T&G flooring edge glued to make up body sizes and face glued for legs and runners, reduced on thicknesser.

Shown together for size comparison

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00045.jpg, Views: 65, Size: 74.71 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00046.jpg, Views: 68, Size: 76.10 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00048.jpg, Views: 65, Size: 87.15 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00051.jpg, Views: 69, Size: 85.08 KB 

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Very well done, nice idea on adding step-up.
cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I'm really liking this pair of Rocking Horses! Very nice. Great colors!

Did you reduce the size of both horses or just the Heirloom Rocking Horse? In the third photo they look the same size but in the fourth photo the Heirloom Rocking Horse is clearly smaller than the Antique 1890 Horse. 
kenbod

Reply with quote  #4 
just the heirloom is reduced to 75%  I just printed the plans at 75% and reduced timbers accordingly. It meant only using one piece of timber for tail section instead of two. reduced leg and runners because they looked too bulky.

Thanks Ken

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.