Author   Comment  
iggy2000

Reply with quote  #1 
Finished this last week and it is on its way to my great-niece in Georgia....

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 57, Size: 506.06 KB 

Peter B

Reply with quote  #2 
Beautiful project and very sure one very happy great-niece
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 

What a great build and a beautiful rocking horse. We would love to see more pictures!

!

iggy2000

Reply with quote  #4 
Since I built the body using 11 1/2" edge glued panels I wanted to use through bolts where those joints overlap at the front of the body. I compensated by countersinking those and covering with walnut button caps. Perhaps just overkill but I also wanted to mechanically fasten the legs to the body. To be consistent I used the same button caps on the rockers and used lags instead of dowels. I gave the saddle seat a little contour and added a 1" dowel foot rest that was not in the plans but I did see in some photos.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 41, Size: 572.08 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 44, Size: 571.69 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 45, Size: 392.93 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 39, Size: 225.93 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 38, Size: 322.82 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
All of us on the forum appreciate the photos and explanation. Your improvements have made a fine heirloom.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #6 
What a great rocking horse?

I need to build one of these soon. My grandson has about out grown the toddler size I made for him.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.