Author   Comment  
Willem

Reply with quote  #1 

I took this plan which I bought……
1.jpg 

and with the help of the internet I came up with the following……..
2.jpg  3.jpg  4.jpg  5.jpg 

Modifications that I make.

Extended firewall:
6.jpg 

Engine:

I had to redesign a complete other engine to put in because I wanted to put an engine hood on the pickup. Hmmm sounds like I'm an engineer but I actually know nothing about engines. 
7.jpg 

Engine hood:

I wanted to have an engine hood to cover the engine because I want it to look like a Model T Ford.  In the above pictures you can see how the T bucket looks with the hood.
8.jpg 

Roof:

I gave the roof an extra "wave" in the middle and rounded the edges off so that it looks like the real thing. I also cover the back opening and cut 2 windows in it.
9.jpg 

Side lamps:

I decided to put two side lamps also on the T bucket.
10.jpg 

Interior:

This time I made different dashboard and put some 3mm (1/8) dowel in the bulge seats so that it has the effect as if it is buttons on the seat and back.
11.jpg 

Extras:

I also made a suitcase and a barrel for the "Moonshine" 
12.jpg 

Wheels:

Boy oh boy, this was a job and a half. Each wheel has a tyre, a rim, 16 spokes and a hub. The spokes are toothpicks. What a job to make sure the hubs lined up with the tyres to prevent it from bouncing. Eventually I figured it out after looking at a video on Youtube.
13.jpg 

Just when I thought I was finish I get this crazy idea in my head to build a gas pump.

The most difficult part here was to make the nozzle and the decals. Here is the link to make your own decals. https://www.lilblueboo.com/2012/10/packing-tape-image-transfers.html
14.jpg  15.jpg 

My Hill Billy Touring and Pick up
16.jpg 

LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm beyond impressed
fantastic work

Rich
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I have never seen anything quite like this. I am amazed at how you can come up with such fabulous detail and then execute it perfectly. And I love the gas pump. Thanks for this wonderful and inspiration wood toy set. 

And thanks for the link to the make your own decals. I will be trying that out soon and maybe yet today.
flamepainter

Reply with quote  #4 
Thoroughly impressive work of art. All the detail on the car and the gas pump, you should get an award of some kind. You are an inspiration to us all.
Jim
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow! Willem, this is just outstanding. I really do love what you did with the pickup the wheels and all of the goodies.

The gas pumps are really great!

Flamepainter said it all.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Toy builder Bob

Reply with quote  #6 
Great work Willem. The transformation from a hotrod to a more original antique look is impressive.The pickup is beautiful on it,s own but that gas pump is the icing on the cake!!
Wombat

Reply with quote  #7 
Just gob-smacked!!

Those wheels are a testament to your skill and perseverance
Willem

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you all for the kind words. I really appreciate it. I have loaded a description with drwaings and photos on how I was building the gas pump. You will find it under another category if you are interrested.
Greetings
Willem
Martin L

Reply with quote  #9 
You have done it again, Willem, another great build. My son has he would like one so Dad has another toy /model to make, he will supply the tooth picks.
Martin.
george_simitis

Reply with quote  #10 
your attention to detail is superb, well done!
eburres

Reply with quote  #11 
Your attention to detail is fantastic. I love everything, the interior detail especially, the gas pump, the wheels. Absolutely monumental job.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.