Author   Comment  
Perk30

Reply with quote  #1 
New to the forum so I thought I would post some pics of a couple of slightly modified Hillbilly Hotrods I built for my grandson

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 91B24A6D-BE48-4242-8029-CD938D7C81FE.jpeg, Views: 45, Size: 422.44 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 6E4F6318-CFA9-4CF6-A231-67E188167581.jpeg, Views: 51, Size: 398.63 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 38AFBE5A-A3F9-4557-AAA9-22027C9BEE2F.jpeg, Views: 52, Size: 264.52 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D81F80D0-486E-461E-BFA3-043D6413BC60.jpeg, Views: 49, Size: 205.30 KB 

Toy builder Bob

Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome to the forum Perk30. Beautiful craftsmanship with these hotrods.Especially like the fire car.Whoever gets to drive this vehicle will bring new meaning to the term "First Responder" with the engine in this vehicle!!
flamepainter

Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome Perk30. These hot rods are truly amazing. I always like to see when someone goes a little further and puts extra details on their toys. These show how one can make small modifications and really make them unique. Great job. Keep up the good work!
Jim
Perk30

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the welcome and compliments. I just got into toy making in the last couple of years when my grandson got old enough to enjoy them. I have to admit that I am somewhat humbled by the skill and workmanship I have seen on some the projects  on this forum. Thanks again
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #5 
Well done, Perk30, well done and welcome hope to see you here in the future.

The hot rods look really grand!

I just know your grandson will enjoy them and will have many hours of fun. 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
george_simitis

Reply with quote  #6 
great attention to detail, it looks really nice, well done!
Kev

Reply with quote  #7 
Who could possibly find fault with these beauties.  Nice work!
Perk30

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks again for all replies and complements. Yeah my grandson is enjoying playing with all the toys I’ve made him and I am enjoying making them and watching him play with them.
Perk30

Reply with quote  #9 
Here’s a pic from a video showing my grandson’s “car show”. Turning him into a gear head like his grandpa.🙄 2AE3575D-55D7-4992-9BFB-C573082C5375.jpeg 
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
Perk30, these are just fabulous. I love what you have done with the designs to improve them. And your photos are great! Thanks for posting.
Wombat

Reply with quote  #11 
Hello perk30.
 Your hotrods are as close to perfect as it gets.  Not only is the woodwork crisply executed, but the patience and time you put into the finish is obvious.
 As one with a not so steady hand, I am envious of the whitewall tyres in the last pic.
Perk30

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks guys. Wombat my hands aren’t as steady either but with using the other hand to steady the hand with the brush and a strong pair of cheater glasses I get the job done. At least for now anyway lol.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.