Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
gsmith89

Reply with quote  #1 
I have just finished the 4 Hillbilly Hot Rods. Wood of chose Poplar, Cherry , Walnut and some Cedar I had in my small parts scrap bin. There has been a lot of well done Hot Rods done the forum. I think John has a winner with this plan. I had fun with this build. Very rewarding. Still undecided on the finish. 20180407_140228.jpg  20180407_140318.jpg  20180407_141848.jpg  20180407_140256.jpg  20180407_140350.jpg  20180407_140409.jpg  20180407_140451.jpg 
Garrymac

Reply with quote  #2 
Great job....ahain, John has a super design!

Reply with quote  #3 
Fantastic indeed
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
I am eating breakfast and see this on a dreary Sunday morning. Wow! These are great. Who doesn't love hot rods and great workmanship? I love the photos-wonderful layout. Thanks for making my day.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #5 
I was wondering lately if you all think that anyone would be interested in a get-together where we all share our favorite projects and talk about woodworking. I live in the Kansas City Metro area and that's smack-dab in the center of the USA. We can provide a meeting space and display tables. There would be no entry fees and there are inexpensive lodging choices in the area. It's just a dream I have had for a long time and would appreciate some feedback if you are so inclined. We would provide a general door-prize by drawing and also a best-in-show prize based on the attendees voting for what they think is the best workmanship project. This is just a rough idea but may have some merit for all of us. Comments?
harry

Reply with quote  #6 
Nice work
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #7 
Well done!  I love 'em!

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
john lewman

Reply with quote  #8 
GSmith-
This is a fantastic set of toy hot rods. I had posted earlier but see that I forgot to click the reply button. I love your photos and the workmanship is spot-on. This is a set of real keepers.
Tony

Reply with quote  #9 
Wow this is a great set of hot rods. Can't wait to get back to mine.

Reply with quote  #10 
Man those are sweeeet!
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #11 
Fantastic work I love these. I'm looking forward to having some time to make a few toys soon but my shows get in the way at the moment.[cool] 

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #12 
WOW I LOVE THESE...and in reply to Johns idea of a meeting i would love to attend one in the future, could become an annual event??????....just need notice to plan a trip as im 5000 miles away...but i would definitely try to attend....you could have an international section...for us...
ronald robinson

Reply with quote  #13 
sure would like to make one of these. Wonderful
john lewman

Reply with quote  #14 
Now these are REALLY special. Oh my God!
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #15 
Great set. These are on my list to make, I have made the Deuce Coupe, for my grandson, but I really want a set for myself, in some nice choices of wood!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.