Author   Comment  
Peter V

Reply with quote  #1 

Hello luitjes,

I - since short - own a proxxon router MT 300 with router cutters.

Bought it because I had the idea that it would ease the making of the inner circles of fenders (Peterbilt 389 Tractor). Want to make those of oak.

Roughly contours with a scrollsaw and afterwards outside with sandingmachine en the inner part with the router.

I tried a littlebit but I am not confident of working with it. The first inner part goes (more or les) easy, the second part not at all.

(any) advice is very welcome (even: selling the router [smile]).

Peter V
Miriam Janssen

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Peter,

(Youโ€™re from the Netherlands too ๐Ÿ˜).

I have tried to use a router for the fenders but decided after many attempt it was not for me. The pieces of the fender flew all over the place. I nearly got hit and that was the moment I de ided to stop.

Now I use drum sanders for inner circles. As my scroll saw technique is not very good I need to do a lot of sanding.

Groetjes,
Miriam

Reply with quote  #3 

Hello Miriam,

Yes, in the northern part (Drenthe).

Drum sanders, never thought of it. Did you make them yourself? If so, any tips?

And, second 'if so', do you connect the sandingpaper with carpettape? 

Peter V
Miriam Janssen

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Peter,

No, I bought a set of drum sanders.
You can make them yourself, though. On YouTube you can find examples of how to make them yourself.
Gluing with tape might not be good as the beginning of the sandpaper will get ripped apart.
In my drum sander you fold the ends of the sanding paper into the drum (see pictures).
You can buy drum sanders in the big woodworkers shop in Arnhem.

Since a couple of weeks I am the proud owner of a Kirjes sanding system. That is the best tool I have purchased in the last year ๐Ÿ˜„. It sands all round corners and uneven surfaces into a smooth baby skin.
The sanding takes less time and that is nice.

Groetjes,
Miriam

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 45F781DA-B572-412B-A04B-4BD2D18D20C2.jpeg, Views: 8, Size: 414.14 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: B758E98F-AD63-4292-AAF8-94D00AEF4BDD.jpeg, Views: 8, Size: 348.17 KB 

LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #5 
I find this to be the answer for most sanding problems . Works as an oscillating belt or drum
[belt-and-disc-sanding-machine-oscillating-triton-tsps-t450-2-in-1] 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.