Author   Comment  
caveman_fred

Reply with quote  #1 
Most people use spray glue its very messy and hard to get off your hands when u use it to glue your paterns down , i use a glue stick, bostik is one brand i use and there is no mess at all very easy to get of your hands and when u sand the patern off it wont block up your sanding belt like the spray glue will
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Fred

Thanks for the different idea.  I will look for a glue stick and give it a try.  Like to try new and different things.

A master ornament maker just showed me a different way to put patterns on as well.  He uses Elmer's No-Wrinkle Rubber Cement.  Buys it with the little applicator in the bottle.  Just spreads it on, puts the pattern on, cuts, then the pattern just peels right off, then very light sanding with a palm sander, which we do after cutting anyway.
This was very quick and easy way to put his patterns on for very delicate ornament cuts and not damage them when taking the pattern off the finished cut.

Again thanks for sharing.  I am so new to this woodworking and toy making, I love to learn about new things people are doing.

Douglas

Reply with quote  #3 
Yep , good ideas .....I use watery PVA ....Cheap . If you just damp the pattern after use ,it just peels off . ,no damage.
caveman_fred

Reply with quote  #4 
Ken and douglas i will have to give both of your ideas a go and with the glue stick idea dont use a cheap brand one there crap get a good quality brand glue stick there still cheap to bye
Douglas

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi , if you use the PVA method ...mix it about 5 parts water -1 part glue . Douglas
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.