Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
I've got a build going and does anyone recognize it from what I've done yet? Those are 2" Duelly Wheels to give you a scale of the size, I purchased them online at .50 cent apiece as second quality but they look darn good to me.
 The project is going to be hefty as the wood is reclaimed Oak that I've been handpicking for quite some time from pallet wood at work. It's now dry and stable enough to use for a project, I crane1_opt.jpg  should have plenty of time this weekend to continue my project so please check by the Forum at times to see any updated build pictures. Thanks so much--

Peter B

Reply with quote  #2 
Table Saw Magic Crane
I will be back often to see your updates[thumb]
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm with Peter on this one. It sure looks like the Table Saw Magic Crane.

What web site did you get the wheels?

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
Darn good indeed as it is the Table-Saw Magic Super Crane and now along side it is another plan the Table-Saw Super Hauler. I'm building both as they are definitely sister/matching plan. I've gotten some clamping done so far today and will continue to progress later in the day. trucksclamp_opt.jpg
Bucko

Reply with quote  #5 
I was able to get some more fitting/glueing done today on both Vehicles. The Super Crane is in the background and the Super Hauler up front. trucks2_opt.jpg
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
These are coming along very well. These wood toy truck designs are some of the first that I created and have been popular for many years. I love the simplicity of the parts and how I can make a bunch of these for shows very quickly. They also have great play value and last about forever. Thanks for the great post photos.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for the replies and John I like it when you post a background comment/information on the plans as I find the info. interesting. 
 Last night I noticed I got my Rights and Lefts mixed up on the fuel tanks as the gas caps are suppose to be located at the rear of the tank not to the front as I have them located, oops but they will stay as they are.
  I got the Dozer built for the Super Hauler and the sideboards put on the bed of the Hauler. The wheels are on the Dozer temporarily for fitting.
 The Crane Cab for the Super Crane was built and assembled at a slow pace and next I'll work on the Boom of that build and then focus on the Hook assembly and lights for all 3 of the Vehicles before finishing begins. dozer1_opt.jpg  cranecab_opt.jpg

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
This is going to be one of the best forum topics on the site. The super hauler and super crane are two wood toy trucks that belong together...a match made in heaven!
Rod T

Reply with quote  #9 
Great pics Bucko.
It is a lot of fun watching progress shots.

Cheers
Rod T

Camnight

Reply with quote  #10 
Looking great Bucko, you might of convinced me to try this one, when i am finish what i have already got going.

George
Bucko

Reply with quote  #11 
Today found me back into the Shop, I pretty much have the Vehicles finished with just the Ramps left for the Dozer to enter the bed of The Super Hauler on. I found today when I put the wheels    on the Super Hauler for a final test that the Truck was front heavy tipping forward. After some thinking I plugged the current front axle hole on each side for the front wheel with a dowel, applied super glue to that and re-drilled the hole as far frontward as possible. To my great pleasure this solved my tipping and the truck sits well. The pic showing the pencil eraser will show that action as you can see the gap between that front wheel and the rest differs. I also did headlights from some left over Veneer to create a little highlight.
  The finish work will start Wednesday then after that is done I'll add the Axles/Wheels and the Crane Boom assembly along with the heavy thread and hook assembly.
 The last picture shows the 3 vehicles and maybe that one will tempt Camnight[George] to pursue this plan. Enjoy the pics and I'll be anxious to post finish pictures on a new thread subject.     hauler7_opt.jpg hauler8_opt.jpg  hauler9_opt.jpg  craneboomout_opt.jpg  crane6_opt.jpg  crane8_opt.jpg  crane9_opt.jpg  3vheicles_opt.jpg

Camnight

Reply with quote  #12 
Looking good Bucko.

George
ctowne

Reply with quote  #13 
Love it.  Good problem solving on the wheel placement.  I can now see by the photos why it may have tipped before.  This looks like a plan that can take a beating out in the sandbox with the kids. 
Cindy
Bucko

Reply with quote  #14 
Update- the finishing using Clear Satin Polyurethane came out better than I ever would have imagined and these Vehicles are absolutely looking fantastic. I attached the cord today for the Crane Winch and after a few errands tomorrow my priority is to get some pictures taken and added to the Forum.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.