Author   Comment  
kangaroopaws

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All, I have a question, has anyone had a problem with their printer printing to wrong size plan, I have just found that when I have gone to put my trailer from the jeep wrangler, has printed the wrong size by a 1/4 inch or so, when I have just printed the pages again they are correct. so I have to modify the trailer to put it together, the scale at the top of page I always check and it was correct, but 1 page came up 1/4 inch short, and I thought I had it all ok but it was not. all the plans that are wrong size, all fit together so it ended up same scale but trailer is too small ,  I don't think the quad bike will fit I cannot do again with same timber as have used up all my stash as it is home milled and don't have another English elm to use, at least have learn't  something  not to trust the printer and to check the measurements!!!! as I go
rob
Rod T

Reply with quote  #2 
Bummer

I sounds like when you printed the plans you had the page scale settings set to "fit to page" instead of 100%.
Some printers will automatically do this if you don't manually set it yourself.
They do it so that everything prints within the printer's capabilities. 

You could try printing 1 page of the plan both ways and see what comes out to test this theory.

Cheers
Rod T

kangaroopaws

Reply with quote  #3 
thanks for the reply, I always go to no scale and manually set up the printer, but I printed all at same time, the frame of the trailer printed right size, all the other bits were 1/4 inch smaller, but I got it together OK, just a couple of  changes, all is good now, some of the pages don't have the scale printed on them,and I usually check the scale,  I did not know of the problem until putting together, so base a bit narrower,  I have never had the problem before, now to make the quad bike and see if it fits on the trailer, thanks again for getting back to me

rob
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.