Author   Comment  
kangaroopaws

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all, just finished the jeep wrangler, trailer and Quad bike,all made from English Elm. we milled it ourselves it came down about 2 years ago, a good wood for the scroll saw nice to cut

robin jeep wrangler trio6.jpg  jeep wrangler trio4.jpg

Peter B

Reply with quote  #2 
I love the elm, as never worked with it, is it softer than pine for scroll saw?
kangaroopaws

Reply with quote  #3 
it seems to be a little harder than pine, not as soft as the pine, does not mark as easy as pine, I prefer  it,  got good colour  and could get the different shades in the elm too like from the very light colour to the dark brown on 1 piece of timber
Tony

Reply with quote  #4 
Great job love it

Reply with quote  #5 
Very, Very well done with quality cuts and fit-ups to present the result of an awesome trio.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #6 
Very nicely done.....
I like the contrast of the wood...[thumb]

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for the comments, the timber is from English Elm, that fell down in the park located in the main street of the city where I live, they say at least 100 yrs old, not planted in plantations here in Australia, so we were lucky the local council offered it to our local woodies group, we milled our sections ourselves , the timber has nice colour in each slab and was able to pick out the dark bits and the light bits for the door contrast, this tree is a once in a life time opportunity to have it, I have a couple more logs,I thought we had no more but found extra in our shed that we had forgot about, so a couple more projects to come I hope, I have another Elm but it is different to the English , it is all light wood
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for posting this beautiful set of toys. They don't come any more perfect than this!!
ctowne

Reply with quote  #9 
This is great.  Beautiful wood. 
Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #10 
Fantastic! Love the variation in the wood colour.

Reply with quote  #11 
I forgot to mention is my original post the I had some trouble with the plans, on the jeep the size of the bumper was wrong was way too large took some working out to fix it and the width of the trailer the frame was right but the front of the top section was 1/4inch too narrow did not get this until it was finished but it worked out in the end
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.