Author   Comment  
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi again. I would like to share with everyone a couple more jigs. My band saw wheel cutting jig. I found several on U TUBE and made one to work for me. Also the way I paint my wheels. 1556123931301.jpg  20190424_093804.jpg  20190424_093512.jpg 

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
I find both of these solutions very helpful. The wheel painting jig is really handy. I will be making the bandsaw wheel jig also.
Frankg

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice work! I would think one can do the same with a scroll saw setup for smaller wheels

Reply with quote  #4 
I find when cutting wheels on the bandsaw the blade tend to follow the grain of the wood and the wheel come out oval shape, so I think the bandsaw wheel jig will not stop this from happening. It could be my bandsaw/blades. Ted
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #5 
They may not come out true round. I then put them on my drill press the same as I do when grooving and use a sanding block to get a true round wheel. I cut the wheel slightly larger. Then I have a template that I made I insert a dowel then draw a line around it. if you come out oval your blade my not be sharp and you could be forcing it let the saw do its job. I learned this from experience. For me it works great and much faster then the hole saws. Good Luck   

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel L Abbink
They may not come out true round. I then put them on my drill press the same as I do when grooving and use a sanding block to get a true round wheel. I cut the wheel slightly larger. Then I have a template that I made I insert a dowel then draw a line around it. if you come out oval your blade my not be sharp and you could be forcing it let the saw do its job. I learned this from experience. For me it works great and much faster then the hole saws. Good Luck   

Thanks Daniel for comment I'll look into what you have said, I think it may be the blades Thanks again TED
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.