Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Gippy

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrozema
yes thank you for the plan. worked on it today, still needs a finish and landing gear but its a fun little build. more challenging than first glance

I’m thinking that cutting the wing into two pieces would make the glue up much easier and cleaner, would you agree?
craigrozema

Reply with quote  #17 
yes probably, that was the tricky part as well as cutting the slots in the tail. the block is too tall for a scroll saw so maybe you could do it on a band saw but I currently don't have one. also if you were going to do any sort of production of these some sort of jig and a spiral downcut bit on the router table would be your best bet for the wing slot
Gippy

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrozema
yes probably, that was the tricky part as well as cutting the slots in the tail. the block is too tall for a scroll saw so maybe you could do it on a band saw but I currently don't have one. also if you were going to do any sort of production of these some sort of jig and a spiral downcut bit on the router table would be your best bet for the wing slot

I’d thought of router table for the wing slots, haven’t figured out a quick way to do the other slots yet. Bandsaw and chisel for a one off would be OK. Anybody got any suggestions?
makingsawdust

Reply with quote  #19 
I am new to this forum, but I want to thank John and Cynthia for the Red Bull Racer plan. I am going to be spending many fun filled hours of creating with all the plans I have purchased in the last month. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.
Twindaddytoys

Reply with quote  #20 
Thank you very much and happy new Year
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #21 
Thank you for the Free plan and Happy new Year! An unexpected surprise.
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #22 
Nice looking plane! It's a shame I missed this one. I hope eveyone had a merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to everyone!
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #23 
Thank you John and Cynthia for gift and a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year with plenty of plans and plenty of toys made.
makingsawdust

Reply with quote  #24 
DSC05541 (1).jpg  lorrie1 (1).jpg mustang1.jpg thumbnail_deucecoupe1.jpg thumbnail_deucecoupe1.jpg 
makingsawdust

Reply with quote  #25 
I am new to this toy making and as you can see I have zero experience using a scroll saw, how ever each new project shows improvement. I am working on the farm tractor and trailer and so far my workman ship is much improved. I am  humbled when I see the finished projects on this forum, first class workman ship. A big help is having the cataract remove so I can see the pattern. I will post pictures of the tractor and trailer when finished.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.