Author   Comment  
johnkc

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all
Jolly Roger pirate ship I have made and enjoyed every minute of making,  I need a bit more practise but I think I am getting there comments appreciated
thanks
john

Quick and Easy Jolly Roger Pirate Ship

Pirate Ship.jpg

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
John: Looks terrific. Looks nice and smooth and shiny. What did you apply for a finish? What wood did you use?
Udie
grantham

Reply with quote  #3 
The design lends itself to a 'rocking horse' style toy if the plans were scaled up and modified so a small child could ride or rock in it. Rod
johnkc

Reply with quote  #4 
hi Udie
For the sides and bottom I used Sweet Chestnut, the deck was steamed beech, American black walnut for front and back, top deck is European cherry, sails are birch faced plywood whilst the cannons are a mix of oak and mahogany. the finish I used was Cynthia's home made paste wax, I find it really enhances the woods I use. I buy all my timber as sawn boards then resaw and mill to size as required as needed
john
Udie

Reply with quote  #5 
John (johnkc) That is quite a collection of woods and explains why I was unable to put my finger on most of them. Looks like Cynthia's non-toxic bee's wax is the ticket, your project shows very well. TKX for posting.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.