Author   Comment  
bunceman

Reply with quote  #1 
I  have just built the Kenworth Semi-Truck & Trailor for a client's husband, hence the logos on the side. This was a very easy and satisfying build.

This is the first "proper' truck that I have built, and I added a few extras that I felt were missing from the original plans. Bumpers and lights to the rear of the truck and trailor, fuel caps on the fuel tanks, and I swapped around the truck roof panels. The rear doors were client specific. I am going to put on landing/jockey legs before the client gets it next week. Kenworth Semi-Truck & Trailor (2).jpg  Kenworth Semi-Truck & Trailor (3).jpg  Kenworth Semi-Truck & Trailor (4).jpg  Kenworth Semi-Truck & Trailor (5).jpg  Kenworth Semi-Truck & Trailor.jpg 

The dusty fingerprints down the sides were only noticed afterwards and have been dusted off now!

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
I would agree that this is a very proper wood toy truck, indeed! The signage is a choice addition and the workmanship and wood choices add to the charm. Thank you for posting the charming photos and for sharing this sweet project with us. Well done! I enjoyed reviewing this as I ate my breakfast this morning.
Twindaddytoys

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice job. What type of plywood did you use?
bunceman

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you. Sorry to say, but I am not too sure what type of plywood it is, except that it is Sepele faced (I think). It is good quality with very few 'gaps' and a superb finish.

I get most of my wood from local DIY stores here in France where they sell all the offcuts from clients orders for cut wood, and load them into a shopping trolley. It is a very mixed selection, but well worth it.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #5 
What a beautiful built truck you should be proud of your work.
bunceman

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you very much. I am really pleased with this build and my client was extremely happy. She took it away yesterday so I can't gaze at it anymore!
Wombat

Reply with quote  #7 
Very impressive bunceman!
Hope you took lots of good photo's to remind yourself of it now that it is gone.
There is a lot of satisfaction in making a bespoke piece for an appreciative customer, vs churning out simpler stuff in the hope it will sell.
bunceman

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you, and yes, I did take enough photos, and you are quite right Wombat. I've since made a 1921 Model T Ford for my own pleasure. Well, I made two actually, so if I sell one, then there's still one for me!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.