Author   Comment  
Greg Farr

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All,

I have only recently joined the forum, you may have seen 2 of my builds on the email promotion on the 4 of May that I must say I was surprised & delighted with when I saw it, so a big thank you to Cynthia. Below is the mail out photo.

Since then I have finished the Kombie, I chose not to do the trailer & I replaced the Kayaks with surfboards, I also like to do custom wheels.

I used spotted gum & maple to create the 2 tone affect & I also combined the same to materials to create the seats to give it the 2 coloured stitched seats I have seen in real Kombie's.

The front VW emblem & the lights I don't know the species of but it is a beautiful gold colour that I love using (I dread the day i run out of it)

The tail lights are purple heart

The rims & tyres are maple & walnut, I love how the rims came out, they were definitely worth the additional effort.

The surfboards are cypress & maple, the cypress is an amazing looking material but unfortunately prone to cracking so I can only get away with it in small pieces like this.

I hope you like it IMG_0477.jpg  IMG_0478.jpg  IMG_0479.jpg  IMG_0488.jpg 

RWWS8102.png

Trav

Reply with quote  #2 
Fantastic build.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I agree with Trav. You have made a stunning work of art with this one as are the two in the promotion piece. I am thrilled to see this today and especially admire the custom wheels and tires. This is a great example of the toymaker's art!
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #4 
I would like to fully agree with the last comments, what an absolute beauty....
Your model is a work of art and I especially love your choice of woods in your build.
My only comment would be the rear bumper, if I had made this without the trailer I personally would have left the towing hitch off and "smoothed round" the bumper....but that's just my opinion and not any form of criiticism in the slightest...
Well done looks Amazing
Dave
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.