Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
john lewman

Avatar / Picture

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Registered:
Posts: 2,874
Reply with quote  #16 
I am not as multi-talented as you, but I do love cars. I built several and this full size toymakingplans.com toy I designed for a rich guy in Wichita as a hunting, golf and fishing vehicle. The chassis is Ford Ranger. I built the body from 16 gauge steel in my shop. I also painted it. It was lots of work and lots of fun and it was 10 years ago this week. The photos were taken then with my son when I was 65.  That is me on the left in the second photo down and with all my hair. I am bald as a billiard ball now.

DSC00007.jpg  jtjwpistolphoto.jpg  jtjwpistolphoto03.jpg  jtjwpistolphoto04.jpg

BadBob

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,626
Reply with quote  #17 
Nice, I would bet a Ford Ranger made a nice chassis to build on.  I have a 1991 Ranger it's tough as nails.

I have always wanted to build a street rod. It never happened because I never had a proper place to work or not enough money. I could do it now, but I would need to give up most everything else to make room for it. I'm not willing to give up my woodworking.

I have always been a maintenance guy. I've had very few jobs where I wasn't repairing or building something. 

When we lived in a neighborhood where there were lots of kids, our house was where the kids all seemed to turn up. My wife was the neighborhood mom, and they brought their bicycles and toys to me to fix.  Nowadays, my grandson is the only kid around, and he thinks I can fix anything.

__________________
Advanced techniques are the basics perfectly applied.

john lewman

Avatar / Picture

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Registered:
Posts: 2,874
Reply with quote  #18 
I would have enjoyed all of that life. My time on Earth has been spent at the drawing board and prototyping my designs. There haven't been any children other than my one son who left for college 35 years ago! Kids are wonderful to be around and you are very fortunate to have had that in your life - and to live close to your grandson.
Lexie

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 66
Reply with quote  #19 
Great job Gippy-
The white cube photo tents are great, i used them myself for my table top photography at home.
Good lighting is 75% of a great photo. The other 25% is adjusting the photos brightness after you have your series of photos...open the pictures up in whatever photo program you have. If you have a fancy program like Corel PaintShop 2019, all you do is hit one button to adjust the photo. If you are picky like me i use 2 buttons- adjust the clarity and fill (one button) and to brighten i adjust the brightness (dark-mid-highlights) button. Doing this snaps up the grain, sharpness and brightness. But you do not need a fancy photo editing program, any program you have - even most free downloaded ones allow you to brighten and sharpen your image.
If you do want to buy the Corel one, buy it at Amazon they have a discount DVD disk for $47, otherwise all other places even Amazon offer a more expensive download version for about 75-99 dollars (why pay 50 dollars more for the download...just wait a week for the dvd in the mail).
As an example-Here u can see i brightened up 2 of the great photos you took:
DSC_0044-Editb.jpg  DSC_0016-Editb.jpg

BadBob

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,626
Reply with quote  #20 
I use Gimp for my photo editing. Gimp free software included in most Linux desktop distributions, and a Windows version is available at the link below. 

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/Windows.html

__________________
Advanced techniques are the basics perfectly applied.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.