Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
This car was made from plans made free to us by John Lewman, I had a great time making this car using materials I had here at home. I'm attaching photo's showing material laid out, car body on Lathe,wheels being made,car body on bench, all parts ready for finish and finished car. Wood used is Cherry for main body,Oak pallet wood for wheels,Oak Dowells for Axle/exhaust pipes,Maple for driver. Finish used was Amber Shellac with 3 coats-body,2 coats-wheels,1 coat drivers newsboy hat. 2 coats of Satin Poly was used to finish off. Enjoy the pics .

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: car_parts_before.jpg, Views: 60, Size: 78.42 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: carlathebody.jpg.jpg, Views: 61, Size: 80.59 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: carbodybench.jpg, Views: 66, Size: 73.94 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: wheelcollet_(2).jpg, Views: 59, Size: 84.19 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: wheelcollet.jpg, Views: 60, Size: 83.56 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: carpartsafter.jpg.jpg, Views: 74, Size: 79.51 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: racecar1_opt.jpg, Views: 76, Size: 45.05 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: racecar2_opt.jpg, Views: 75, Size: 40.14 KB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Bucko - Wonderful workmanship displayed, Nice touch with the wheel design, driver hat and decals.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
This is a beautiful toy Bucko! Have you made other lathe-turned toys? 
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank You Udie and John for you replies, I appreciate them. John the only toy I've previously done on the Lathe is a Steam Engine from an older book on wooden toys. I intend to do the Chuckle's Cars from this site as my summer Lathe project as I turn in my shed and our Ohio winter has it and the tooling very cold till spring.
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #5 
Bucko excellent lathe work and a lovely finish.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Roly, I was after a vintage finish for the piece and feel I accomplished that.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.