Author   Comment  
ctowne

Reply with quote  #1 
Here is my 63% reduced version of the Jeep Wrangler.  1.25" wheels size. They are now ready for the multiple coats of poly.  Fun build, fairly easy.  
The 4 wheeler I made at 75% so it wouldn't get too small.   This plan has many small pieces that have to be precision cut.  What I have done to accomplish this is the attached sheet.  I do not stay on the line very well and to avoid frustration and lots of sanding to fit I cut these as one piece and then cut off the accent parts, therefore, they always fit perfectly even if you don't cut them exact. 
I guess I should also not use a flash with metallic paints. 

4wheeler.JPG 

20161018_192639_resized.jpg 
20161018_192824_resized.jpg 

Peter B

Reply with quote  #2 
Another fine example of how good smaller versions look
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
The more I see the reduced size toys you have created the more excited I get about the reduced scale. I am working on several new designs that will use 1" to 1-1/2" wheels. Thanks for encouraging us to go smaller by showing such excellent craftsmanship and design.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
My thoughts have been, anything with trailer I make at the 1.25" size, therefore, all the trailers can fit on all vehicles.  This trailer and 4 wheeler can be pulled by the Ford truck I posted yesterday.   Now the PeterB is an exception because that needs to look big and bulky so that type trailer can only be pulled by a big bulky truck.  But my campers can all be pulled by these trucks/jeeps.....   Just the way I make my decision between a 1" wheel and a 1.25" wheel.  I really like the cars (with no trailer hitch) at the 1" size. 
kangaroopaws

Reply with quote  #5 
great job, I like the small scale too, I am in the middle of making the large one, as you said lots of precision cuts as well, just going to start assembling today
ctowne

Reply with quote  #6 
Kangaroopaws, can't wait to see your Jeep and 4 wheeler
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #7 
Looking good. I like the way they came out.

I started on the 4 wheeler but got side tracked [frown] (Bronchitis really sucks especially in a dusty area)

After I got over that I was still side tracked doing some stuff in the shop for the wife an a couple of scroll saw projects, so still have not got back to the toy's LOL

Reply with quote  #8 
Ed - I get sidetracked all the time.  I know what mean, there are so many fun things to start but then there are the chores.  Sorry about the bronchitis. 
Bucko

Reply with quote  #9 
Well done, looks like some great fitting of the pieces. A 3 piece set / accomplishment to be proud of for sure.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #10 
Another fine job Cindy.
The colours came out great.

Cheers
Rod T

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.