Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

This is Richard Pincombe’s design of the London Routemaster Bus which is not yet ready for launch to the toy making plans community.  John sent me Richard’s line drawings for me to make.

I have already made this once full size if you want to see the full size pictures go to here . Now I have made it half size.  I was quite the challenge. I had to reduce the plans which was easy, but I also had to convert the dimensions from metric to English and then half that.

I used 1/4” and 1/8” Baltic Burch plywood and spray paint.

I would, again, like to thank John for giving me the opportunity to make this great design form the original line drawings. I would like to also to thank Richard Pincombe for all the help he provided in the first full size build and, of course, for the brilliant design.

Thanks for lookin’ 100_4964_Fotor.jpg  100_4965_Fotor.jpg  100_4966_Fotor.jpg  100_4975_Fotor.jpg  100_4976_Fotor.jpg 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #2 
Bill, I love the scaled down version, I have been meaning to make some more buses.
I am really struggling to find time to spend in the workshop, but I will try a 1/2 or 3/4 version soon. I am looking forward to a refined version by John at some point, and I will also be very excited to see John bring out the castle plan.
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #3 
Richard, thanks for your kind words.

I agree with you about the half size. I find myself making more half sizes I think it's because I'm running out of
space to put the full size ones.

You ought to try a half size, it is definitely different.

My saw is a DeWalt788
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
I loved this bus - thanks for bringing it back and I always make the smaller sized.  I hope this becomes a plan. 
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks to Bill for bringing the London Bus topic up again, I managed to get a day in the workshop and made a 70% version.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 464F078A-DD7E-49D9-91BC-FEBC273DA4B9.jpeg, Views: 44, Size: 3.85 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 9568460E-50CC-4A42-87D7-B41F017BAF68.jpeg, Views: 43, Size: 4.27 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: F8E42F44-914C-45A0-8242-3DEFD5096560.jpeg, Views: 40, Size: 3.79 MB 

wwalker47

Reply with quote  #6 
Well done, Richard, Well done. I like the 70% size. Actually I think it looks better than my 50%, of course you are the expert on London Busses. 

Later my friend.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Meds853

Reply with quote  #7 
I would LOVE to try and make one of these for my niece that lives England!
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
Somehow I missed this fabulous double decker bus project. You are amazing. The miniaturization is perfect. Great post!
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #9 
John, I'm sorry you missed this post.

This was probably one of the best projects I've done in a while. I know others would like it as well.

Thanks for all the great comments.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.