Author   Comment  
Tony

Reply with quote  #1 
Just finished the tow truck and tool truck. I cooked the wheels and other parts per Ken's instruction and worked out great, thanks Ken.

Quick N Easy MACK Tow & Tool Truck

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 111, Size: 1011.57 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 103, Size: 984.59 KB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Tony - I see you've been busy creating another pair of masterpieces. The cooked wood pieces came our really nice. Ken's WTN (Wood Toy News) was a great article to read and follow for any one wanting to give it a try, glad you did. Mushroom cap headlights are perfect choice for this era of vehicles.
 Any special tips or jigs in drilling the large hole for the wire to spool onto?
And, how long did you cook the wood for?
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
nicely done. I have started these but they are sitting on the back burner as I got side tracked working on 2 other projects that had been sitting on thre back burner (hmmm seeing a trend here me thinks )
thanks for sharing

Reply with quote  #4 
Tony - these are very nice.  I really like the baked wood effect.  It looks like you have 3 tones.  Great job.
Cindy
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #5 
Two good looking trucks nicely done on the wheels. I have never cooked wood like this only to feather the edges by using sand. I will have to read that article when I get around to it.

Reply with quote  #6 
Great job.  The cooked wood looks almost like walnut.  Keep up the good work.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.