Author   Comment  
Douglas

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, I hope you like my first effort. It is made from about 6 types of scrap hardwood which I had around my workshop left over from my woodturning projects. This project is 90% lathe work. Every piece is individually made ... and there is a lot of them. When it came to assembly, it quickly grew into a very satisfying project. There was one or two difficult pieces to make, which made the task even more interesting by making me think and using my ingenuity. If anyone tries to make this toy, I am only too willing to explain how I got over problems, should you encounter similar ones. I cannot take any credit for the design, I just built it as I knew how. Your comments or ideas, criticism will all be appreciated. Thanks for looking. Regards Douglas
    S1420002.JPG  S1420003.JPG

2152628.jpg

I had better mention ,the toy was finished with Cynthias recipe. It brought out the contrasting hardwood colours beautifully. There .... I am in her "good books" now. [smile]  Douglas

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice set Douglas----
Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
Douglas - Well done, the execution of this project displays skill and patience.[thumb] Another example of the treasure trove the scrap bin can produce.
joepeto

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Douglas,
wow! excellent job, very rich in details. I loved everything but specially the man's pipe. Congratulations,
Joepeto
pdaunno

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice Douglas!  One of these days I'm going to add a lathe to my workshop.  I've never tried it but I think it would be a lot of fun.

Reply with quote  #6 
Very nice job on that one Douglas. I like the old fashion look and the man with his pipe brilliant that's going to give so much pleasure to who plays with it. thanks for showing.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Douglas

Reply with quote  #7 
Thankyou everyone for your kind comments . Regards to all Douglas
Sdaupanner

Reply with quote  #8 
Douglas:
   I want to let you and all of the others in on one thing that really puts the topping on any project and the Forum here and I think that it has been mentioned by John and Udie and that is Copyright laws if this is a pattern that was designed by you it is alright to offer it for free to whoever wants it but if the pattern was not designed by you then you cannot offer it for free. Johns Patterns can not be given to anyone for free because of Copyright Laws and the fact that it is not making anyone any money if it is given away for free, so every body should be aware of the law and also why it is enacted as such.
Don
Douglas

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the advise Don . The copyright laws can be a minefield ,  so it is better to air on the side of caution .        Thanks .... Douglas    [smile]
Sdaupanner

Reply with quote  #10 
I posted this for every body in hopes that it would keep people clear of that mine field. Love the work you have done it is labor intensive but the finished product looks great. Keep up the great work.
Don
Douglas

Reply with quote  #11 
It took me 2 weeks , but then........ I am retired .
ctowne

Reply with quote  #12 
Really cute, nice job Douglas.  The pipe is a great little detail.
Cindy
Douglas

Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks Cindy ,nice of you to say . Douglas
Wholesaletoys

Reply with quote  #14 
Awesome, nice job.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.