Author   Comment  
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #1 
A picture story on making spoke wheels

109_0971.jpg  109_0973.jpg  109_0986.jpg  109_0991.jpg  109_0992.jpg  109_0993.jpg  109_0994.jpg  109_0997.jpg  109_0998.jpg  109_1015.jpg I use 'blocklayer.com/hub-spokeseng' for setting out spokes.

Peter V

Reply with quote  #2 

Thanks for the pictures Shedbuddie?

Where did you buy that adjustable hole cutter? In the Netherlands I see only fixed diameters of hole-cutters.

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the wonderful how-to. It left me speechless when I first saw it. This is so clear and understandable. Are you a professional instructor? And thanks for the great photos. This is one of the best how-to's I have seen on making spoke wheels...well, actually the best I have seen.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V

Thanks for the pictures Shedbuddie?

Where did you buy that adjustable hole cutter? In the Netherlands I see only fixed diameters of hole-cutters.

Peter I've no idea where hole cutter came from I've had it for some time maybe a car boot sale. This one will only cut 3/4" thick timber cutting from both side.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
Thanks for the wonderful how-to. It left me speechless when I first saw it. This is so clear and understandable. Are you a professional instructor? And thanks for the great photos. This is one of the best how-to's I have seen on making spoke wheels...well, actually the best I have seen.

John thank you for your kind comments, I'm no professional instructor maybe it because I enjoy what I do 'build models' like a lot of model/toy builders on your site.

A picture is worth a thousand words

it is often easier to show something in a picture than to describe it with words
Peter V

Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedbuddie

Peter I've no idea where hole cutter came from I've had it for some time maybe a car boot sale. This one will only cut 3/4" thick timber cutting from both side.

Thanks for your answer, Shedbuddie.

I forgot to ask you the diameter of the centre-drill.

Do I understnd it correctly, when asking: "When you use this cutter to make ´normal´wheels,  do you then use the centredrill as axlehole?` 

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V

Thanks for your answer, Shedbuddie.

I forgot to ask you the diameter of the centre-drill.

Do I understnd it correctly, when asking: "When you use this cutter to make ´normal´wheels,  do you then use the centredrill as axlehole?` 

The centre-drill is about 3/16" as I use 1/4"/6mm and 3/8"/9mm hole for axles this drill is to small so have to drill out to suit. these wheels use 9mm axles

If you want to make a jig for drilling holes for spokes like in my photo try this site
"https://www.lumberjocks.com/projects/407571"
Bodacious2

Reply with quote  #8 
Great tutorial
Martin L

Reply with quote  #9 
What a great way to make spoked wheels. I have already made sketch drawings of your drilling jig.   That is the best demonstration that I have see on wheel making, well done.  
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #10 
This has to be the best thing I have seen today! Shedbuddie, you are now my buddy! I am going to give this a run thhis weekend.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTalbot
...................... Shedbuddie, you are now my buddy! Jeremy

[thumb][biggrin]

Reply with quote  #12 
Hello Peter V
 You should be able to get an adjustable hole saw from RS Components
dubdubdub.nl.rs-online.com
  • RS Stock No. 549-729  for 35.40 Euro plus shipping.
Peter V

Reply with quote  #13 

wombat,

I found that also, it is n the Netherlands of all places (where I live) but you must be member of the Chamber of Commerce (that is, then you have a registration-number. They won´t sell to you, when you don´t have such a number. Am working on it.

Reply with quote  #14 
Hello folks, Shedbuddie and Wombat,

I got it! And it works [biggrin]

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSC07207.jpg, Views: 13, Size: 186.25 KB 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.