Author   Comment  
ctowne

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All -
See the mayberry police car.  The plan comes with 2 sizes, I made the smaller size even smaller (62%) to get a 1" wheel.   This is a super fast and fun build.  The "decals" are just regular copy paper printed on a deskjet, glued on with white elmers glue.  As John previously said, the decal feels like it becomes part of the wood.  You may also notice a little bit of white in the headlights.  That is a 1/4" forsner hole and what I did was get a 1/4" hole punch and put the punches in there just like the decal.  It is a great little detail and easy.  I have now also found a 1/8" hole punch.  The taillights have a red punch in them.  

20151112_193122_resized.jpg   
20151112_193304_resized.jpg 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
Looking good Cindy [thumb]

you gotta love simple builds. I like them even better when I go through my scrap bin and find enough wood to make several LOL

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice Cindy

I like the head light idea, very clever.
Car looks great, and thanks for sharing.

Brian Lambert

Reply with quote  #4 
Looks very nice Cindy. I agree with Ken about the headlights. One question - Where's Andy and Barney?
                                                                                                                                 Brian
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
I think Barney is looking for the bullet that fell out of his pocket.  [biggrin]
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #6 
Excellent work! I too have bought this as well, and my plans are to at least build the smaller version. The reason I got the plans was because the design of the car reminds me of the early muscle cars. It is on my "to do" list.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #7 
Well done, Cindy, well done.  Nobody will out run old Barney with this car!

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Udie

Reply with quote  #8 
Cindy
What a terrific job.
Love the scaled down version and the tip on the headlights.
Fits right in with the other scaled projects you have show.

garywisbey

Reply with quote  #9 
like the black and white paint job looks good like the light on top as well

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Cindy,

Great job on the Mayberry police car.

Graham.
Wilders Workshop

Reply with quote  #11 
Too cool! I love the paint/decals, what did you use to cut it out? scroll saw/band saw?
ctowne

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Wilders Workshop. 
This was all done on a scrollsaw and drill press. 

The decals were printed on plain ole' white copy paper on a inkjet.  I cut them out which was probably the hardest thing on the plan ( I do not stay on the lines - lol).  Then white emlers glue was lightly painted on the back.  They were then set on the white painted wood surface and rubbed in.  My top coats were applied after.  The paper decals just feel like they become one with the wood.  Now I may have got lucky on my first try but I was careful to not get crazy with the glue and not have any on my hands when I was rubbing them on.  I can imagine any moisture as you are rubbing might cause smearing.  Maybe next time I will be sure to rub with a white lint free cloth.  The decal came with the plan.  I think there were different version, I liked the red star version. 
Cindy 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.