Author   Comment  
joepeto

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi folks,
     I've built some very cool cars with a beatiful design from a magazine I am a subscriber. Simple design and an easy build.
The toys were made most from 2 blanks of 3/4" pine glued together. Some of them I used 1 blank of 3/4" pine in the midle and 2 blanks of 1/4" MDF in both sides. I also made 1 Smart Car model enlarged more or less 2.5 times.
As always, I used white PVA paint as primer, acrilic craft color paint and finished with acrilic varnish water based. The model called T-Bird I used 1 blank of 3/4" pine in the midle and 2 blanks of 1/4" MDF in both sides, used 1 coat of wood sealer and 2 coats of spray clear lacquer. 
The cars are about 5-1/2" L x 1-1/2" W x 1-1/2" or 2" T. 
Greetings to all, 
 Joepeto   SD531314.JPG  SD531320.JPG  SD531390.JPG    SD531355.JPG  SD531366.JPG    SD531357.JPG  SD531361.JPG

ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Joepeto -
That is the same magazine I subscribe to.  In the WTN today you see I shrunk them down.  I really like your full size version and the colors are great.  I really like the red, white and black corvette.  I've often thought of doing multi colored items like that, that correspond to local sports teams colors.  I think people are drawn to "their" team colored items.  Thanks for sharing and giving me some ideas.
Cindy
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #3 
Hello Joepeto
   Thanks for sharing your ideas and photos.
You really did a nice job.
   What Magazine are you and Cindy talking about, if you don't mind me asking.
Again, good job, and interesting stripping jobs on your cars.

joepeto

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Ken Martin and Cindy (ctowne),
Thank you both for the nice comments. 
   Ken, I answered about the magazine's name in a private message to you, 'cause I don't know if I could put its name here in the Forum. 
   Cindy (ctowne), yes, I could see some of those cars in the WTN about you and your job. I wish to congratulate you for this WTN issue, your story is very interesting, I can feel that you are a very kindly person and it is the most important when one work to please children, as you do with your toys.
I wish you good luck from now on as a toymaker. 
Joepeto
Udie

Reply with quote  #5 
jeopeto - Again, what a wonderful group of vehicles and very nice combination of colours and finish. Thank you for the build details also.
joepeto

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you Udie.
I like to test different ways of painting.
Sdaupanner

Reply with quote  #7 
The one with the opera window looks like a 57 T-Bird .... well it is a nice group of cars.
Don
joepeto

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you Don. Sorry for the late reply.
Joepeto
Sdaupanner

Reply with quote  #9 
Not a problem ....
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.