Author   Comment  
bew79

Reply with quote  #1 
Thought I'd post some pics of the Wreaker Truck I recently finished for my son, anyone thinking about the build it is very enjoyable and well laid out.  Big enough I was able to do all the cuts on the bandsaw, downside is I went through a lot of paint.  Put some graphite powder on the axles and she rolls a charm, mind you 4-5kg of MDF rolling down the hallway tends to leave a mark when it hits something or someone.  My son is a bit rough with toys so added some screws to the load bearing parts.

025.jpg  026.jpg  027.jpg 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
mighty fine looking wrecker you have built.

I bet you son really liked it

Thanks for sharing [thumb]

Reply with quote  #3 
I agree with Ed also your paint job looks outstanding. Thanks for taking the time to show it in here.
Tony

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Very, very nice! Great colors and perfect finishing! I love what you've done.
Brian Lambert

Reply with quote  #5 
Looks fantastic!  Great colors and very sturdy.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
This is beautifully built and painted. What type of string did you use for the crane? Do you have any construction photos to share? We would love to see any photos you have of your work and workshop.
bew79

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for your comments.  The string is just your general household type, having been "playing" with it over the last few days I'm going to replace it with a thicker black nylon type string, I think that'll make it look a bit more real life and in scale with the rest of the truck.

Painting was the biggest issue, I am from Queensland, Australia and it has been 30+ degrees C and 90% humitity for the last couple of weeks so hot and sticky and it takes about a day for a coat of paint to dry before it can be resanded.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos during construction, will have to start doing that when I make things.  Workspace is one side of our garage, keep the car out on the weekend and then tidy it away and put the car back for the week, might post a pic in the Workshop thread I've seen.
Yaronkkk

Reply with quote  #8 
very nice color panting!!!
next time I will try to do paint with color paint based water
I did this toy and also gave some screws to make the main body strongest
I upload some pic from the Wreaker Truck I did
I did some changes gave the main  crane the way to move left & right (picked up the crane base)
I also gave the cabin to be opened  
please see my picture
thank very much sorry for my English
yaron IMG_5142.JPG  IMG_5141.JPG  IMG_5143.JPG

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.