Author   Comment  
chapmanrm

Reply with quote  #1 
Mega Big-Rig GIANT Wrecker Truck

resize.jpg

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
chapmanrm - Looks good my friend - hard to tell the scale from your photo, but we know from watching Nemanja's video this is a huge toy. I see many nice details, such as the holes for the door knob, and how you modified the wheels rather that using thin discs to accent the wheel rims.
   I see a name on the top, can you take another photo of the top and post it as well as tell us you method on how you personalized this toy, that would be really great for our members who often ask that question.
   How was it working with the plywood, did you find many voids between the layers of the plywood?
   And ... of course we would be interested in how you top coated this fantastic project.
If I built this project it would be on my workbench for days, testing it out - it's one of those projects that is really hard to let go and pass it on - so how much testing did you do? LOL

For those of you not familiar with this plan set it is the "Big Mega Rig Wrecker Truck". The name is a link to this plan set.
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #3 
Another great piece. Fantastic looking beast.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #4 
Chapman
Another good job on the wrecker.
I like Die would like to see the top view, and have you tell us how you put on the decal.
   I have been wanting to build the Wrecker for a while.
Are there any tips and/or tricks you learned along the way?
Thanks for sharing.

Bucko

Reply with quote  #5 
Now thats a Truck, awesome job.
pdaunno

Reply with quote  #6 
Great Job! I really like the natural wood on this one.

Reply with quote  #7 
The wrecker is finished with beeswax and mineral oil. The stencil is hand cut and applied with craft paint.  The plans are easy to follow, I cut the axle holes (ha) a fraction larger than the shaft to allow free movement. I have been experimenting with different wheels. w2.jpg  w1.jpg
Douglas

Reply with quote  #8 
The chunky tread wheels would suite the mean looking truck I think ....Good job [smile]
Udie

Reply with quote  #9 
chapmanrm - Your wheels experiment look really good. You've certainly got my wheels turning thinking where can I and how can I make these also.
Thanks for the stencil photo, nice touch.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.