Author   Comment  
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #1 
Has been a long time since I was able to get on the forums and see what everyone is building...I have missed a lot!  Has also been a while since I was able to get into the shop and work, but I was able to finally finish the Mercedes Lorry that I built several years ago.  The lorry was the first toy that I built from one of John's plans and it was interesting to pick it up again and see what I did then and what I would do different now.  Anyway, it is on its way to a little guy named Brayden whose birthday is this weekend.  A set of the Zoo Carpet Buddies is the next thing to work on.  I really like the plans on this site John!

IMG_0056.JPG  IMG_0057.JPG  IMG_0060.JPG  IMG_0062.JPG

Dalboy

Reply with quote  #2 
This is a great plan to build from and you have done it proud

Reply with quote  #3 
I love the paint job. Looks great. Do you mind telling me what wood you used?
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi I like your Mercedes Truck and like yourself it was my first model That I have made from Johns plans on this site. I have used Oak, Maple, Cherry and Walnut on mine as I have no experience of painting wooden models nor the confidence to try so well done and I hope it was a nice surprise for the birthday boy.
All the best
Dave
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi dmjones: sorry for the delay in responding. I made the truck from scraps that I had in the shop so it is mostly pine.  There are also a few pieces of poplar here and there.  Thanks!
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks frogbucket...the truck was a hit at the birthday party.  Young Brayden loves everything with wheels, so I'm sure he'll be a repeat "customer". [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.