Author   Comment  
mlusk123

Reply with quote  #1 
I just got my mini-saw today. My 10 and 12 year old's observed their daddy really excited as I was filled with joy and was making all sorts of emotional and happy sounds as I could hardly wait to open the package!!! Then I was overjoyed when I saw this tiny little power saw. Like a kid in a candy store for sure. [rofl] 
FYI... I'm pretty sure this is as the Harbor Freight model but, for one thing, this has a blade guard on it where the HF one does not. This one is much quieter than the HF saw big time. 
According to the instructions, you should only cut up to 3/4 of an inch. I will put it on a little slab of wood and be making some jigs for dowels and such. I will post my findings on it when I have had a chance to play with it some. I mainly got it for small dowels and I called MM and talked with support/customer service and they stated they have had good reviews on this as long as you use it correctly. I have all the time in the world, so I'm in no hurry to cut through it and they said that it cuts real smooth.  Their are different blades for it, I just got the one it came with until I see how it works.  
Will be posting more about it within a few days. I got it on sale for 59 bucks. 
Thanks...Michael IMG_0315.jpg  IMG_0316.jpg  IMG_0317.jpg  IMG_0318.jpg 

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 
Disabled Vet Woodworking Hobbyist

harry

Reply with quote  #2 
I have had one of these saws for years now. I am sure you will enjoy it.Micro Mark support is excellent.
mlusk123

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Harry. Really? Wow cool. Good to know! Thank you

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 

mlusk123

Reply with quote  #4 
Update: Works really well. As soon as I get time, I will make a jig for this so I can have stops at certain intervals. I don't know how the HF one works, looks like it, but I have heard in comparison that the HF one is much noisier. I got this onsale for 59 bucks. Worth it to me!  

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 

harry

Reply with quote  #5 
I’m sure you will be happy with the saw. The only real problem I had was the safety switch had to be pressed when making a cut. I understand safety is important, however, on normal saws this is not required.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.