Author   Comment  
rdredge

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi!

As requested, I am going to attempt to show step by step procedure to make a bobcat, well at least some of them! Starting small with this adventure of posting more than a picture!

When I get a pattern, I cut out pieces I need and tape them to a piece of card stock. I then photocopy them to an 8 x 11 1/2 piece of removable label paper. I I then cut them apart and peel and stick them to the board. I put them close together to save waste. I used select pine, aspen, and ash for the bobcat.

I keep plans and piece pages in a notebook. When I need another, I can just take out the page and copy it without digging through all the plan pages.

(Not sure how to put pictures between explanation so putting them all at the bottom. ) maybe someone can assist me with this?

The pictures show glueing and clamping of various parts and finished toy. One can never have enough blue Clamps!!! I finished it with Cynthia's paste.

After it was finished, I concluded that I won't use aspen wood for anything again. It is super soft and when drilling holes in it, it tears really bad. Nearly impossible to get clean holes with it. I also now make at least 2 of each thing at a time. Just seems to make sense. Then if you post somewhere and sell it, you still have one left. Also the first one is where you see what to do or do differently for the next one.

rdredge

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 81, Size: 912.64 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 80, Size: 900.52 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 77, Size: 825.69 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 84, Size: 915.49 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 85, Size: 907.40 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 93, Size: 875.42 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 96, Size: 934.48 KB 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice set of photo's and text.
BUT this just makes me realize how UN-organized I am. Thanks LOL

Thanks for sharing these with the group.

Reply with quote  #3 
rdredge

Thanks for the photos.  I have had several orders for this set.  When you show it the kids just love all the moving parts and the inter action between the toys in the set.

I like to put my patterns on a peel and stick tiles.  When you peel off the backing and spray the pattern it really sticks good and lasts a long time, then like you I keep them in a file drawer for the next time.

Unlike you I need to start keep a build book on each project.  I am just to lazy to do it, but must start because like you said it will make the next build much easier.

Great Job On This Build.

ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice step by step.  This is a fun plan set.
Cindy
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Great photos. Are you building more of the mini constructors and if so could you share more about that with us? We have a lot of new members who can benefit from seeing how you work.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.