Author   Comment  
kenbod

Reply with quote  #1 
Just started the fleet of mini constructors, including crane and Mega dumper from free plans kindly provided by John.  Easy to understand the plans and scroll sawing the parts was not as daunting as I thought it would be. Models now ready for final sanding and hopefully a clear finish.   May try to enlarge one to see how they would turn out. My grandchildren like bigger models to play in the sand. Time will tell.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00087.jpg, Views: 65, Size: 411.86 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00088.jpg, Views: 65, Size: 466.40 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00089.jpg, Views: 63, Size: 401.68 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00090.jpg, Views: 73, Size: 446.83 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00091.jpg, Views: 76, Size: 398.18 KB 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
looks like you got a good looking set going. They will finish out nicely.

You should be able to make them bigger, by resizing the plans. I suspect the biggest issue is wheel size.

thanks for sharing...

Reply with quote  #3 
Impressive fleet/ work, Ken are you thinking of approximately 50% on an enlarged version which gets to be a darn nice size to play with in the sand?
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
I just got home and found these in my inbox messages and it made my day. These are some very well crafted wood toys that are just the right balance of workmanship and materials. And the combination gives the toys a very appealing personality. Thumbs up!
Tony

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice set thanks for sharing

Tony

Reply with quote  #6 
Nice set of toys - they will be loads of play fun.  I too am going to build them a bit bigger the next time. 
Cindy
kenbod

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for comments. I want to try and build at 150% think this will make the little ones very happy. Have decided to try the clear coat on these ones so a lot of sanding to get good base.  These are a very good starter to scroll sawing but may be able to use band saw on larger versions.  
Thanks,  Ken

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Ken - I was thinking 150% as well.  Great minds.  lol
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #9 
Brilliant work, Luv um.[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.