Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Rod T

Reply with quote  #16 
Interesting topic.

As AJ said in his response, there are very stringent rules regarding toys that are sold here in Straya (Australia).
Insurance is very hard to acquire for stall holders that sell "Toys". If they are called "Models" then the insurance companies seem to be fine. 

Maybe this has something to do with the search terms that BadBob is referring to with his Etsy store.
I am thinking that more online sellers are finding the same problems with insurance companies and adjusting their terminology to suit.

Cheers
Rod T
Willem

Reply with quote  #17 
Here is what I consider a toy. The first one is a Winchester rubberband gun. Therefore it is a toy. The second one is also a Winchester rubberband gun but I used different type of wood and add more detail to the second one. This I consider a model. Both of these guns can fire rubberband guns.

Winchester toy.jpg 
Personal gun collection.jpg  Winchester 1873..jpg  Winchester 1873.jpg 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #18 
Did you build these masterpieces? One of my brothers collects Winchesters and has quite a number old classics. I have no talent with guns and do not own any so I won't shoot myself in the foot. My brother has over 50 in his collection and buys and sells collectibles as a hobby. My pistol-packin' Mom always had a Derringer in her purse like the ones in your photo. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
Willem

Reply with quote  #19 
Hi John. Yes I build them John. It was painstaking work because the toy gun didnt have a firing pin so I have to figure out how to make that work. I have done a lot of research on the internet about the gun and then build it from the pictures. The original plans I got from RBguns.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #20 
Very impressive work. When I was a boy just about every kid in the neighborhood had a BB gun in the Winchester format.
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #21 
Red Ryder
john lewman

Reply with quote  #22 
Now I remember-it was a Red Ryder BB gun.
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #23 
[wink]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.