Author   Comment  
dmjones

Reply with quote  #1 
This is a truck I found and wanted to share. I know I'm not perfect but still learning. It came from a scrollsaw workshop. I finished it with Cynthia bees wax. 20171110_123435.jpg  20171110_123500.jpg  20171110_123538.jpg  20171110_123549_001.jpg
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Nice work! How did you make the wheels? They are really well done. Could you post photos of the process? We would all enjoy learning how this is done.
dmjones

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks John. I will try to post pictures of the wheels next week. It turned out to be a lot simpler than I was thinking.
TheWoodsmiths

Reply with quote  #4 
This pattern is by Steve Good at The Scrollsaw Workshop. His patterns are free and he has a blog spot and if you subscribe to the blog emails he sends almost daily notifications of new patterns and info. The blog is here. Click on the Pattern Catalog block near the top of the blog page to see all of his patterns. Steve is very talented.

Reply with quote  #5 
I love it!!
dmjones

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the positive responses. 

Bruce, I am on Steves site. I wasn't sure if I could mention names that is why I said a scroll saw workshop.
Thanks,
David
Tony

Reply with quote  #7 
This was a fun build, I built it about 4 years ago and as dmjones said it's a lot easier than it looks.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_3977.JPG, Views: 21, Size: 466.43 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0762.JPG, Views: 20, Size: 467.28 KB 

mad irish man

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjones
Thanks John. I will try to post pictures of the wheels next week. It turned out to be a lot simpler than I was thinking.

they do look great similar to ones we made a few years back we used a forstner bit for the inner cut out then a hole-saw for the outer and a bandsaw set at an angle for the cuts worked well but takes a lot of time looks brill though 
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #9 
We look forward to seeing your posts and photos on the wheel mad irish man. And any other info that you would like to share.
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for sharing!  I have a request for a monster truck right now and was going to approach the wheels a different way.  I'll take alot of pictures and possibly video of the one that I build and will share it with everyone.  This is a great build and gives me alot of ideas.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.