Author   Comment  
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #1 
This is a prototype of a '67 mustang I'm working on....it's in the rough stage and on the back burner while I make some to sell but here it is in rough form....

mustang prototype -smaller.JPG

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Looks Good Muskokamike
Is it a three part body?  Looks like when you get it down, it should be a quick and easy build.
Thanks for sharing.

ctowne

Reply with quote  #3 
I like it - looks like you made your own wheels - I like those too.
Cindy
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #4 
yes it is, middle and two sides....that way you can get the hood a little higher than the fenders to make it more realistic.....sorry, I edited this.....it is actually 4 pieces. The middle is made up of two pieces, then the two sides. I don't have a band or scroll saw, only a jigsaw, and on thicker materials, the blade wanders around like a lost dog....

Cindy: those are just test wheels to determine stance etc. They are the correct diameter. I'm going to try and reproduce the actual wheels that can as original equipment on the '67.....

One thing about copying designs, cars are actually a WHOLE lot narrower than we see them as. When I said this was to scale, I kind of fibbed. I actually increased the width because made to size it looked way too skinny......and...odd (?). Those wheels are correct though except for the low profile design.....
Udie

Reply with quote  #5 
Muskokamike - Mustangs, love them, owned many of them.
Can't wait to see the finished product, but don't wait to the end to show us.
We love to see projects in various build stages.
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #6 
Will do, kind of on the backburner for the time being....in my typical fashion (i'm famous for this) I get the basics then instead of just tweaking and producing...I get caught up in:
add door handles, logo in the grille, scale headlights and tail lights, side door trim, then because it is in multiple pieces, should I do an interior? Where am I going to get scale leather/vinyl? How to produce a scale steering wheel.....should the glove box open?  where would I go to get the bumpers chromed? and how hot do you have to melt zinc to cast? and where do you buy ingots? .......ARRRGH  lol

JTalbot

Reply with quote  #7 
Sounds like we have alot in common! Too many projects on the stove, so little time. I love the details on the mustang.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #8 
Looks great! That is my favorite year of Mustang.
-Bill[013[1]]

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.